Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > FREELANDER 2 REAR HEADREST SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

read the fitting guide posted earlier in this very thread At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #75577 9th Sep 2010 1:01 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

just ordered one off ebay, can some please post or email me some pics of the centre console with the connectors fitted so i can decide wether to fit there or under the seat when they arrive.

my e-mail is g.tinsdale at sky.com freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #75658 10th Sep 2010 12:12 pm
chicken george

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/thumbnails....amp;page=2 At work
At home

Post #75659 10th Sep 2010 12:33 pm
s7gpt

chicken george wrote:
https://www.freel2.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=356&page=2

Cheers mate, the connectors appear to show the 2 units as being independant ie seprate video / audio connectors for each headrest. how do i show the same video feed on both screens ? freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #75660 10th Sep 2010 12:44 pm
chicken george

f.. knows I only work here At work
At home

Post #75662 10th Sep 2010 12:50 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

s7gpt wrote:

Cheers mate, the connectors appear to show the 2 units as being independant ie seprate video / audio connectors for each headrest. how do i show the same video feed on both screens ?

You need a phono splitter which takes the 1 phono video and outputs to 2 phono. Fortunately, you'll get it in the kit, along with 2 more sets for the audio L & R Phil

Post #75667 10th Sep 2010 3:07 pm
s7gpt

phil_wkl wrote:
s7gpt wrote:

Cheers mate, the connectors appear to show the 2 units as being independant ie seprate video / audio connectors for each headrest. how do i show the same video feed on both screens ?

You need a phono splitter which takes the 1 phono video and outputs to 2 phono. Fortunately, you'll get it in the kit, along with 2 more sets for the audio L & R

Cheers mate Thumbs Up freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #75669 10th Sep 2010 4:23 pm
swalker900

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
rear screen alternative power supply

Just wondered as some are mounting AV sockets under passenger seat, why can't the power source come from the electric seats? Is there a similar connector under there, where the split feed cigar lighter cable could connect instead of ripping out all the console?

Just a thought, as mine is on order, and won't be here until November, so can't check......

SD4 HSE Stornoway, xenons, privacy, 19" + spare, and a newly purchased pair of screens!

Post #75684 10th Sep 2010 7:46 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Just got my new rear entertainment units £180 delivered... kids are well chuffed! Very Happy

Quick question, what AV splitters do people recommend? I gather the LR ones arn't all that good (I can see why as well!) hence can anyone recommend a decent quality splitter that looks OK?

Also I plan to use with my iPod but I was just looking at the kit in the box and I noticed a green connector on the little cubby box / console (where the AV cables go) that looks like it could be used to plug in a DVD / other device? Anyone know what this is and what it is used for? Could it be used to hard wire in a DVD play or even to customise an ipod cable so that it goes into the unit and just appears as an ipod connector with no messy AV composite cables? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76582 21st Sep 2010 9:23 pm
Captain Worm

Oh and is it right that the screens are always powered up? It would make sense given that the feed is taken of the rear lighter socket and I believe this is permanent live but the Landrover Guide says that the screens only power up when the ignition is set to II.

If they are on permanent live does it not drain the battery if left on for a few days??? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76585 21st Sep 2010 10:23 pm
neilb

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

charrodine wrote:
Oh and is it right that the screens are always powered up? It would make sense given that the feed is taken of the rear lighter socket and I believe this is permanent live but the Landrover Guide says that the screens only power up when the ignition is set to II.

If they are on permanent live does it not drain the battery if left on for a few days???

Fitted mine this week and no they only power up when ignition on, quite an easy fit (about 4 hours). But 1 set of headphones are faulty as they only have sound in 1 ear Sad Waiting to hear from the seller to see if he will replace.

Also buy a decent composite cable the ones on ebay don't work, got another from tesco £20 and it works fine

Post #76910 26th Sep 2010 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Captain Worm

charrodine wrote:

Also I plan to use with my iPod but I was just looking at the kit in the box and I noticed a green connector on the little cubby box / console (where the AV cables go) that looks like it could be used to plug in a DVD / other device? Anyone know what this is and what it is used for? Could it be used to hard wire in a DVD play or even to customise an ipod cable so that it goes into the unit and just appears as an ipod connector with no messy AV composite cables?

Is it me but whilst plugging back in the console cable after being disconnected I assume after the PTC recall(following mouthing of at the stealer Evil or Very Mad ) I noticed that the rear audio controls have a similar 6 pin plug like the one on the base of the rear entertainment av thingy... I wonder if you can use this to pipe music to the rear screens from the head unit and so use the wireless headphones???

I'm intrigued now as I want to know what the plug does! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #77020 27th Sep 2010 4:24 pm
Captain Worm

neilb wrote:
charrodine wrote:

If they are on permanent live does it not drain the battery if left on for a few days???

Fitted mine this week and no they only power up when ignition on, quite an easy fit (about 4 hours). But 1 set of headphones are faulty as they only have sound in 1 ear Sad Waiting to hear from the seller to see if he will replace.

Also buy a decent composite cable the ones on ebay don't work, got another from tesco £20 and it works fine

So if they only power when the ignition is on did you split the feed to the front 12v / lighter socket - or did you use the rear socket? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #77021 27th Sep 2010 4:28 pm
Captain Worm

charrodine wrote:
neilb wrote:
charrodine wrote:

So if they only power when the ignition is on did you split the feed to the front 12v / lighter socket - or did you use the rear socket?

Ha - think i've just answered my own question - re-reading Chris's guide I notice it says front cigar lighter - make sense now as I know this only works with ignition on. Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #77022 27th Sep 2010 4:34 pm
Captain Worm

First part of the install done! Took about 2 hours but it was dark and 30 mins of that was spent looking for tools! Just got the headrests to go on now...

Generally things wernt too bad - removing the console was a bit of a fiddle but not too bad. The template supplied with my kit was so far out I ended drilling several holes but it all worked in the end.

I did notice when taking out the console that the landrover engineers must have bodged the console back on when doing the ptc upgrade as the insulation around the gear stick ws not there, one of the festening bolts were missing and one of the clips on the the hand brake gator was broken - CANT ANYONE DO A PROPER JOB THESE DAYS? Mad Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #77174 29th Sep 2010 1:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>