« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
insurance

can anyone give some good insurance recommendations? My insurance is up next month and confused.com & comparethemarket.com are coming in at a hefty £1000, the AA around £900. The cheapest so far is directline at £743.

Strange though that a standard HSE is only £560 - the bodykit puts another £180 on the quote whereas a HST model which has the bodykit as standard is only £540?? I queried it with their helpline but it was more like a nohelpline!

Dont want to run the risk of not notifying them of the bodykit as if something happens i am worried that they will void any claim.

Post #42385 26th May 2009 8:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

try adrian flux who i am with, apparently very good on modified cars too

Make sure that you are telling the insurance companys that the car is fitted with a OEM Bodykits not some Chav style kit

Then try Tesco's, Sainsburys etc

have you called Land Rover Insurance too they might not penalize a LR bodykit Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42386 26th May 2009 9:26 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Mine just come though today i'm with Tesco full no claims protected 44 years old,£100 excess and windscreen cover £315. Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #42387 26th May 2009 9:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rowy

I went with admiral via compare the merekat and am paying £360ish, with the body kit 19in shadow chromes, priv glass.
As NP says make sure they get the gist that it's not an after market kit but an optional extra.

Post #42389 26th May 2009 9:49 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Try Sainsbury's / Esure.

They're the only ones that came close to a decent quote for me. What do do is get an online quote then call them up and tell them about the pack. Don't just say you put a bodykit on it, call it the HST pack and tell them what the pack comprises. If you just tick the bodykit box online, it thinks you're a boy racer. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #42398 27th May 2009 7:36 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Frobius wrote:
Try Sainsbury's / Esure.

They're the only ones that came close to a decent quote for me. What do do is get an online quote then call them up and tell them about the pack. Don't just say you put a bodykit on it, call it the HST pack and tell them what the pack comprises. If you just tick the bodykit box online, it thinks you're a boy racer.

What if its only the roof spoiler and colour mirror caps Question If sticking plastic bits on effects the price of insurance then find another company Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #42401 27th May 2009 8:40 am
muddywheels

England 

Land Rover quoted me £446, Coop £263 and Privilige £245 Thumbs Up

Post #42402 27th May 2009 9:18 am
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

AndyC wrote:
Frobius wrote:
Try Sainsbury's / Esure.

They're the only ones that came close to a decent quote for me. What do do is get an online quote then call them up and tell them about the pack. Don't just say you put a bodykit on it, call it the HST pack and tell them what the pack comprises. If you just tick the bodykit box online, it thinks you're a boy racer.

What if its only the roof spoiler and colour mirror caps Question If sticking plastic bits on effects the price of insurance then find another company Thumbs Up

Doesn't matter.

The increase is there because if your car is a total loss, it costs more to replace it with those options than it does without. Plus it's more attractive blah blah blah. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #42405 27th May 2009 12:08 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

My insurance is up in a couple of weeks. I'm with Land Rover. For me and the wife, fully comp with protected no claims and one claim in the last 12 months because some git put a dent in my passenger door....£330 Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #42409 27th May 2009 1:00 pm
njs123

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

33 yrs old - full no claims discount - 2 speeding offenses, plus wife on the policy. 07 HSE with HST bodykit. Existing insurer (Esure) quoted £600 but switched to swiftcover for £360! Silver '07 FL2 HSE Auto with HST Body Kit

Post #42415 27th May 2009 5:22 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Dave wrote:
My insurance is up in a couple of weeks. I'm with Land Rover. For me and the wife, fully comp with protected no claims and one claim in the last 12 months because CG put a dent in my passenger door....£330 Thumbs Up

Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #42424 27th May 2009 9:10 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

AndyC, why are you shocked at that Question . It also includes full off-road cover Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #42440 28th May 2009 1:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

CG put a dent in my passenger door Whistle Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42442 28th May 2009 1:44 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

npinks wrote:
CG put a dent in my passenger door Whistle Laughing

You as well ?

Bloody Farmers Sheep 

Post #42445 28th May 2009 1:50 pm
Rowy

Probebley been said before but.... Never ever ever ever just renew with your same insurer-even if it's the same as last year or even gone down. always search the market.

Every direct Insurance company after your business offers a low price first year as an introdutory 'OFFER' price then slowly puts them up.

I was with Tesco for a couple of years til it went up (ONLY a couple of quid), I rang and got a quote which was less than my renewal and the previous years price & was told it was for new customers only.

My business insurance with AIG went up by 10% and the broker cheekily put a £100 fee on top of his commision, I then went to another broker who knocked off the fee and RE-placed it with AIG at 5% less than last years renewal.
So don't ever feel sorry for the bent T Censored s I know everyone got to make a living but still?

Post #42456 28th May 2009 6:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>