Home > General > MOT time again !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
MOT time again !

Yes, it's already been a year since my last MOT
It flew through again, with no advisories. The tester said it was "mint" and that he wished everybody looked after their cars the way I did !
While I was waiting, a chap pulled up in a Transit, accompanied by his other half in a 16 plate fiesta.
"Can you take a look at my Missus' car mate. She says it's gone really loud. I think it might be something to do with the exhaust ".
His other half pulled it in to the workshop, got out , handed the mechanic the keys and promptly left with her partner without even saying a word .
One look confirmed that the silencer was completely missing ! The damage underneath testament to the fact that before it let go completely, it must have been bashing the hell out of the under side of the car. Shocked
The mechanic looked at the chap doing my MOT who in turn looked at me and said , "That's what I mean.Nobody gives a damn until something either fails completely, or the car blows up ! She must've been driving it for weeks until it eventually fell off".

Post #415612 7th Dec 2021 5:25 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Last week I took my son's Porsche 911 for an MOT at a small garage in the wilds of Dorset. It's an N reg 1996 model and he bought it last year for £60k and in immaculate condition. The MOT tester was clearly impressed by the state of it and said that well looked after cars rarely fail in his experience. He went on to say that he is seeing more and more classic cars these days (including a £150k E type Jag last week) as people seemed to be buying them as investments. He asked what I was driving and said that the FL2s was good but the best money was in the old Defenders which were now the subject of a lot of restoration. He couldn't see how more modern cars like the new Defender would survive long term due to the complexity of the electronics - he said that there are apparently over 80 control modules involved. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #415638 8th Dec 2021 10:40 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

My sister in law drives a Nissan Almera she bought for £500 2 years ago. Never services it. Things get repaired only when they break. She just motd it with no advisories so obviously money spent on servicing and maintenance is just a waste 🙄 Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #415639 8th Dec 2021 10:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1