Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > EGR valve and cooler deleted?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy.p

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black
EGR valve and cooler deleted?

Was having problems with egr cooler fault kept putting the EML on took it back to the garage where I got it from under warranty which came with car, expecting to get replacement cooler and egr valve but all they did was delete both from the ecu.
Is this going to give me problems with emissions on the MOT when its due and can I now put the egr blank plate back in as I assume the gases will still go through the throttle body? or if the egr is deleted is it now shut so no gases will get past it??? The only thing I have noticed is the flat spot is now gone Bow down Discovery 3 tdv6 gone
Freelander 2 LE sport SD4 facelift gone
mitsubishi outlander phev

Post #412634 24th Sep 2021 9:45 pm
teagzgr

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Hi Andy.p sorry for arriving so late to your post. What year is for FL2? One of the first things I did was blank off the EGR, remove the swirl flaps and fit an oil catch can.

Did not know it could be done electronically? I assume the computer opens the valve to allow a percentage of exhaust gasses to recirculate? Otherwise I would be inclined to fit a blanking plate just in case.

I have not noticed anything difference with regards to how the car feels as such for myself after the above. But I have noticed after removing the throttle body the other week just how much cleaner by intake pipes are and the Censored the catch can is pulling out from the crankcase breather is unbelievable!

Post #413514 18th Oct 2021 7:15 am
JonMs

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

With your earlier model you can just blank off the EGR valve. Andy has a facelift, later model which also has a bypass valve on the egr cooler. If you just blank this off you get a permanent warning light and fault code. Apparently his garage has coded out the EGR so that the engine management no longer "looks for it", hence detecting no fault. Presumably they also blanked-off the egr but this seems uncertain. I'm interested in this because I also have a MY11 SD4 with an intermittent EML fault code • P245A-77 (EC) Exhaust gas recirculation cooler - bypass control circuit - Mechanical failure - commanded position is not reachable.

Post #413521 18th Oct 2021 9:56 am
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

I had this done just last week. Been having all sorts of problems after the car warmed up. Mechanic diagnosed a problem with the EGR so blanked it off and "remapped" the ECU so the car will run.
Looking forward to seeing how it all goes.
Also a MY11 SD4. MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #413590 20th Oct 2021 11:58 am
Andy.p

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black

teagzgr wrote:
Hi Andy.p sorry for arriving so late to your post. What year is for FL2? One of the first things I did was blank off the EGR, remove the swirl flaps and fit an oil catch can.

Did not know it could be done electronically? I assume the computer opens the valve to allow a percentage of exhaust gasses to recirculate? Otherwise I would be inclined to fit a blanking plate just in case.

I have not noticed anything difference with regards to how the car feels as such for myself after the above. But I have noticed after removing the throttle body the other week just how much cleaner by intake pipes are and the Censored the catch can is pulling out from the crankcase breather is unbelievable!

Mine is a MY2011 as I understand it if you have the "organ pipes" you have swirl flaps, Mine has no "organ pipes" so no swirl flaps to remove, but I have the later EGR cooler with the vacuum valve on it thats why it and the EGR was deleted on the ecu.
Been running it now for a few weeks since the delete and have noticed better fuel comsumption and a bit more power with no eml light or flat spot. it does not look like they have blanked off at the throttle body either so I wonder if I put the blank back in place will it make any difference??? Discovery 3 tdv6 gone
Freelander 2 LE sport SD4 facelift gone
mitsubishi outlander phev

Post #413709 23rd Oct 2021 10:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1