« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What is she worth.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bogart

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey
What is she worth.

As she has to go due to wife being scared to use her, due to cutting out anyone care to hazard a price. The cutting out is due to crankshaft position sensor fault. Replaced and still played up so can only be wiring or most likely the plug. I have attended to the plug and is now a snug fit, so price time details as follows.

2008 on 57 plate GS TD4
89K miles
75% service history
Panoramic sunroof
Gates cambelt and water pump replaced Dec17 at 73K
MOT until end Nov
All 4 tyres done with Avon ZX7 at 84K, spare is unused Continental

Pics attached of blemishes apart from usual stone chips.

1 Nearside front wheel arch top
2. Tailgate
3 Offside of rear bumper was badly scratched, sprayed up and looks okish
4 Not unusual splitting of drivers seat side panel.

Have got a price of £3400 from WBAC without them seeing it!

Click image to enlarge

Post #410913 1st Aug 2021 6:11 pm
Bogart

Nobody care to hazard a guess?

Post #410933 2nd Aug 2021 9:20 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I had less of a dent on the quarter panel in the same spot & it was replaced. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #410934 2nd Aug 2021 9:29 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

id probably say your a little underpriced but a dealer may give you more than WBAC if you dont tell them about the cutting out issue. They will only pass to auction anyway.

Post #410940 2nd Aug 2021 10:12 am
AJ918

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Hi

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's worth what someone will give you for it. I would say there is not far of a £1,000 worth of work the seal covers are astronomical in price mine had a split in it same colour as your and the new cover was over £550 without fitting (tried all the local trimmers to get it repaired and non would touch it) the body work is about £300 per panel. So a dealer would want it for about £3000 as it does not have a full service history, you may get more if sold private, but my best estimate would be £3000 to £3750 WBAC seem to always over estimate their original estimate then when inspected the price is adjusted accordingly.

Post #410943 2nd Aug 2021 10:29 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

With older cars, in my experience, most dealers just give you a price that they can afford (out of the profit they are making on the one that they are selling), and then pass it straight to auction.
I have had several cars that they haven't even bothered to view before giving me a price (and sticking to it).

Unless it is in showroom condition and has a documented history, its off to the auction, and therefore a low value.

Why not pay WBAC a visit, you can allways walk away once you have a firm price, and you don't like it.
But it will give you your required baseline for other dealings. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #410946 2nd Aug 2021 11:02 am
Bogart

Lightwater wrote:
I had less of a dent on the quarter panel in the same spot & it was replaced.

Not going to spend money on body panels which I will never recoup on selling her.

Post #410950 2nd Aug 2021 12:32 pm
Bogart

AJ918 wrote:
Hi

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's worth what someone will give you for it. I would say there is not far of a £1,000 worth of work the seal covers are astronomical in price mine had a split in it same colour as your and the new cover was over £550 without fitting (tried all the local trimmers to get it repaired and non would touch it) the body work is about £300 per panel. So a dealer would want it for about £3000 as it does not have a full service history, you may get more if sold private, but my best estimate would be £3000 to £3750 WBAC seem to always over estimate their original estimate then when inspected the price is adjusted accordingly.

There is or was some guy who has been mentioned on this forum before who can replace the squab at a reasonable price but again is another shell out of cash before selling. Totally agree is worth what one can get for it.

Post #410951 2nd Aug 2021 12:34 pm
Bogart

IanMetro wrote:
With older cars, in my experience, most dealers just give you a price that they can afford (out of the profit they are making on the one that they are selling), and then pass it straight to auction.
I have had several cars that they haven't even bothered to view before giving me a price (and sticking to it).

Unless it is in showroom condition and has a documented history, its off to the auction, and therefore a low value.

Why not pay WBAC a visit, you can allways walk away once you have a firm price, and you don't like it.
But it will give you your required baseline for other dealings.

Will sort out a visit to WBAC nothing to lose.

Post #410952 2nd Aug 2021 12:35 pm
Dave47

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue
Re: What is she worth.

Bogart wrote:

Click image to enlarge

The hardest part of replacing that panel would be getting a match,
although being a mass production motor and not a classic it shouldn't be that difficult,
the cost would not be excessive to do, probably in the region of 3/4 hours,
My local upholsterer has always got vehicle seating for repair in. DAVE.
I.A.M. F1rst Driver.
Gone 2003 Discovery TD5 Auto,
Gone 1986 Defender 90 Station Wagon
Gone 1984 Range Rover 3.5 Vogue Manual.
Gone 1970 Series 11A/3 SWB 3.5 V8 Hybrid
Gone 1964 Series 11A LWB Van
Gone 1966 Series 11A SWB Van
Gone 1964 Series 11A LWB Station Wagon,

Post #410954 2nd Aug 2021 12:58 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

AJ918 wrote:
Hi

Absolutely correct . It’s worth what you can get for it when the buyer is stood in front of it , up to that point it’s just supposition . Also if it has any mechanical issues at all don’t sell it privately, it will only come back to bite you in the arse . For what it’s worth I sold a really nicely100% maintained 09 GS auto about a month ago , to a trader . 70k miles , I took £3000 cash I was happy , he was happy . . WBAC will go through the car with a fine tooth comb . They offered me £3400 for mine after I fully declared repaired damage and I expected them to reduce that on inspection for the chips scratches etc that a 12 year old car will accumulate. If you can get £3400 from WBAC bite their hand off . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #410960 2nd Aug 2021 2:54 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

When I sold my Forester I went on line to various WBAC type sites and they gave me the lowest valuation. Think I eventually went with 'webuyyourmotorcar' who sent their guy over, he satisfied himself that my description was sound and they transferred funds into my account before he left with paperwork.
I was pleased with the whole transaction and the fact they'd offered more. No having to argue the toss with WBAC

Post #410968 2nd Aug 2021 4:55 pm
riverblanche

England 

Hi,

as already said, only way to get a Real price is take it to them to see what they give you Question

One car we had a price with Evanshalshaw which we were happy with but the dealer just beat it for a p/ex so it went that route

Last car went to WBAC the price was exactly what the web site said Shocked no knocking at all, although we did have to go back as you hear that many stories of being knocked on price that we had to go back home empty the car and go back again Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thumbs Up .
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #410981 2nd Aug 2021 9:54 pm
itsaguything

Canada 2013 LR2 2.0T HSE Auto Firenze Red

Agree with my colleagues. Someone will want it and will give a reasonable offer.
I have no interest any maintenance nightmare. Nor anything tired or worn. So there will not be an offer from me. Guy Pensa
Cars with Personalities
Getting itchy. What's next?
2014 Land Rover HSE Lux (blend of practicality and aggressiveness)
2007 XKR (Jaguar Racing Green) (woo hoo!)
2004 XJR (Jaguar Racing Green) (deceased)
2002 S-Type R (British Racing Green, of course)
1951 Riley RMD (Black, time for that restoration)

Post #411236 10th Aug 2021 11:37 am
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

seat repair exeter,ive had two cars done, the part above that on the seat,£95 to 110.inc

Post #411254 10th Aug 2021 6:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1