« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Muddy Mods
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Wigbo60

United Kingdom 
Muddy Mods

Hi, I'm not sure this is in the right place, but does anyone have any experience of Muddy Mods 40/50mm lift and wheel spacers?
I'm looking to fit A/T tyres and would like an increase in size over standard.
Cheers

Post #410709 28th Jul 2021 8:23 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

On the line under the header picture there is a button 'Search' it works really well with a few choice key words.

There are a lot of threads on the topics you asked which will get the basic information sorted. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #410713 28th Jul 2021 9:22 am
3landertwo

'talk' to RealBeale.

Here is one of his posts on the subject ....

[quote="RealBeale"]

WelshWayne21 wrote:
hi all,

ive seen a lift kit on https://www.muddymods.com/collections/free...m-lift-kit

been told these might pull the drive shafts out and put extra on the gearbox and back axle, has anyone fitted them?

I've had a 40/50 mm lift fitted from Warren at Muddy Mods. No problems what-so-ever. Feels and handles exactly the same, so I got used to the extra height almost immediately .

Love the scare stories - there were lots around when I decided to lift my Freelander 1 back in 2006 - all (well most anyway) proved to be a load of Censored written by people with absolutely no experience of doing any of the mods, so they had no first hand knowledge and relied on here-say. You know, "a friend of mine reckons.......", and "I heard that if you do XYZ then the doors will fall off !".

Warren extensively tested his lift kits. When he wasn't 100% happy with the first ones, he went back to the drawing board and started again. No half measures.
If you're still unsure, then fit one of his smaller lifts like the 30/30. But FIT ONE !!

Post #410715 28th Jul 2021 9:28 am
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Well my lift has been on for around 2 1/2 years now. No problems what so ever regarding driveshafts, or any other damage the scare mongers would have you believe.
I literally returned home last night from as 500+ mile trip will absolutely no problems with the drivetrain what so ever.

Click image to enlarge

Post #410719 28th Jul 2021 10:46 am
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Powerful UK installed a different lifting kit to their FL2 recently, it would be worth having a look at their You Tube video to follow how to install a kit. MY13 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY11 HSE Santorini Black Gone
MY08 SE Blue, Gone
Alfa Romeo GT Gone
Alfa Romeo 156 Space wagon Gone
Volvo V40 Gone
Volvo 480ES Gone
VW Sirocco GTX Gone

Post #410728 28th Jul 2021 11:50 am
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

As above ^^^
I can't recommend Powerful UK's videos enough. If you plan to do jobs yourself, they're well worth watching as they show installation , warts and all. If they break something in their videos, it's a good thing as it shows what a novice might do tackling things themselves not having done it before . Far better and informative than a a video with someone who's done something a million times going through it methodically without showing any pitfalls.
Plus, their approach is very entertaining. Their Freelander off roading videos are very good. They show what damage can occur when you don't have the off road knowledge - thus passing on useful information to first timers.

Post #410732 28th Jul 2021 12:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1