Home > Technical > Flat Battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: feeling lucky ???

avtur wrote:
I am working away all week travelling by air. Car will be parked for 5-6 days, I wonder if it will start when I return or will the battery be flat again?

On recent performance I thinks its going to be a matter of luck .. watch this space .... Whistle

Well car was stood about 5 1/2 days, started no problem (just as it should) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #42264 23rd May 2009 9:51 am
avtur

Further to my last report where the car started no problem after 5 1/2 days, have just been away for the weekend and came very close to needing LR Assist.

Drove 120 miles Friday, no problem, 70 miles Saturday no problem, 30 miles yesterday no problem. Came to set off home this evening for the journey home and came within a gnats whisker of fail to start. Cranking speed was very slow and took several seconds before bursting into life. Even Mrs Avtur realised something wasn't quite right.

Will be booking it in for 60k service this week so will mention the battery problem again, didn't get much help last time so not sure support will be any better this time. (Will also mention that I don't have an alarm, still waiting since last service at 45k miles, and the de-tuning radio which has been a problem since day one!!!) service departments .... don't you just love them !!!! (NOT) Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #42339 25th May 2009 9:32 pm
avtur

Have booked a 60k service today, mentioned that I'd called out LR Assist for flat battery, person listening to me gave NO indication of being concerned about my problems .... Sorry Guy Salmon but your customer service stinks ... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #42388 26th May 2009 9:44 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Car has been running great...................................until yesterday morning! Jumped in and all the warning lights came on and the battery wouldnt turn it over.

Called LR Assist and a proper LR chap came out within 30 mins. He replaced the battery but couldnt find any faults.

Anyway, the car is working great again, this time with a new battery. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #42488 29th May 2009 4:24 pm
avtur

Tonyrec wrote:
Called LR Assist and a proper LR chap came out within 30 mins. He replaced the battery.....

Hell that sounds good, LRA replacing parts .... I can't even get the ****ing dealer to acknowledge there is a problem never mind replace parts .... well done you ! Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #42494 29th May 2009 9:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

not to rub salt in the wound, i just had my battery replaced as it had been leaking via the overflow

maybe yours could do this too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42495 29th May 2009 9:30 pm
avtur

Thanks for the encouragement NP, to be honest I could drive into my dealer with three wheels and they wouldn't give a ***t.

At this rate the next owner of my car is going to inherit a dodgy battery, a dodgy radio and no alarm. Maybe the next owner will have more of an appetite for a fight than me!!!

BTW Have signed up for new motor, just waiting for deliver date, expecting late July. This one is being built to my order which is a first for me, should be one of the last cars off the line before summer shut down (but also one of the first MY10 spec cars). I hope they are not demob happy, otherwise I could end up with a right pile of ***t !!! Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #42499 29th May 2009 9:48 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

avtur wrote:
I hope its not a volvo, otherwise I will end up with a right pile of ***t !!!
Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #42500 29th May 2009 9:54 pm
avtur

Hey, how did you you edit my quote ????????????????????? Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #42501 29th May 2009 9:57 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I am all powerful Twisted Evil

or just press the quote button , then edit the words between the quote brackets [quote] , and bobs your uncle. good luck with your new car Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #42503 30th May 2009 12:43 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

you should hide a note in the car telling the next owner the faults

or under Alarm in the handbook write, "this would work if i had the replacement"

and do the same for the other faults, I can't see the dealer looking, in there and i doubt they will replace it, so the next owner will read the manual (if its a lady, as men don't RTM)

You could also hide a FREEL2.Com Sticker in there too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42510 30th May 2009 7:10 am
HowMuch??

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Message to JP... thanks for the advice!! As you know, I keep engine running when I talk to you know who!!!
PS I also have a 'rocking chair' on my 2 month old HSE. Oh well ... it can be relaxing, only problem I have to keep braking for the effect!!

Post #42783 7th Jun 2009 6:54 pm
avtur

keeps happening ...

Ok so last week car was in for 60k service, I made a bit of an issue of the on going fail to start (flat battery) the problem is that I've only called LRA out once despite having the problem many times.

Censored me another flat battery this afternoon, had agreed to take no2 daughter to a friends, at 5pm, jumped in car and ....zilch, nada, nothing .... Its about another hour before Mrs Avtur arrives home so no other car to jump from. I measured battery voltage, it was down to 11.9, same as I've found on previous occasions. I recently bought a 'smart' charger so decided to give that a go for 20 minutes and see if it put enough in to start. After 25 minutes I gave it a try and sure enough we were back in business (just .. it did struggle!).

Problem is that (just last week) the dealer said there was nothing wrong with the battery and the only way to resolve the problem would be call LRA and insist on recovery to a dealership without being jump started. Well I’m sorry but that is just too inconvenient and I don’t believe I should be put in that position. Yet again I got myself up and running in relatively short space of time (certainly far quicker than waiting for LRA).

I think I’m up to 8 or 9 fail to starts now, I think this is Censored poor for a premium brand motor. I appreciate I’m my own worst enemy because I am able to fix the problem myself, but I do that to reduce the inconvenience to myself. Yet again the brand is coming in for flack but its probably more to do with the dealer support. If you’re well supported by the dealer you can live with some problems, if not then you end up very frustrated like I am.

I will be hiding a note under the battery cover when the car goes back, it will draw the next owners attention to the fact that the battery problem isn’t new ….. There will also be a note hidden where the alram should be (but isn't) have been without an alarm since last December !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #43097 11th Jun 2009 9:21 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

as said before i would write the notes in the manual for the next owner Thumbs Up

agree really bad service Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #43099 11th Jun 2009 9:27 pm
avtur

THIS IS GETTING VERY SILLY NOW !!!

OK I'm ready to loose it with someone at Land Rover now....

Last post on the subject was Thursday, flat battery almost straight out of service.

And now another flat battery today .... just spent the weekend down at the 'van in North Wales (great time, friends joined us, weather brilliant - we had way to much fun for a weekend!). Came to pack up this afternoon, dogs and all our crap in the car, jump in and press the start button .... nothing AAARGH !!! Now this is just plain stupid, journey down Friday afternoon was 110 miles, car was used Saturday lunch time, another 25 miles, left standing until 5pm today and nothing. Flat battery in about 30 hours.

No one around on site to get a jump start so had option but to call LRA. No sooner had I done that than someone did turn up and offered to bring their car over for a jump start, well guess what rather than wait hours for LRA I took the offer and was up and running in about 15 minutes; called LRA and cancelled the call for assistance. So yet again I've bailed myself out and without the assistance of LRA. Now the last thing the dealer said to me was 'next time happens call LRA' so in the space of just a few says I've ignored that advice twice because it was blatantly inconvenient.

I'm not going to bother the dealer again but LR customer services are going get a piece of my mind in the morning ...

Watch this space .... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #43202 14th Jun 2009 10:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>