« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > LR Software update LTB00782v2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Shootist

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey
LR Software update LTB00782v2

Hi all - I've digested all the info I can find on this forum about the occasional "hard jerk" when pulling away from stationary in my MY2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS and it seems there is a LR software update LTB00782v2 to address this issue. I have two questions for the knowledgable ones (!):-

1) Is this update available FOC from LR service centres?

2) Does anyone know if the update is specifically limited to a gearbox software update or is it a complete reflash of the entire system?

I ask because I have recently had a professional (and very successful) remap to "delete" the EGR+cooler and am concerned that remap might conflict with the update.
Thanks in advance.......

R.

Post #408501 1st Jun 2021 1:03 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Can only answer the first part and that’s a No, LR will not hold themselves accountable. I had the update run through when the car was in the Indy’s for a service a few years ago, however, was charged for it

Post #408502 1st Jun 2021 1:52 pm
Shootist

Thanks for the swift response - can I ask, did you have the issue I mentioned before the update, and if so, did it cure it?
R.

Post #408503 1st Jun 2021 2:03 pm
georgetina

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black

I have had this problem on my 2013 SD4 so would be really interested in the result of the software update. I tried to get my local main dealer to do the software update but he refused without running a full diagnostic and wanting to charge me £200 before carrying the update ( for another £100) so I refused his kind offer.

Post #408573 2nd Jun 2021 10:20 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

£300 is expensive
Will the shock loading when changing gears finish off the already marginal differential, at which point £300 is cheap Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408574 2nd Jun 2021 10:25 pm
dazs

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

Is there a local Indy that might be able to do this update ? maybe Landranger ? dazs
------------------------
2013 FL2 SD4 Dynamic
1969 109 V8 Series 2a

Post #408582 3rd Jun 2021 7:43 am
Shootist

I've had a similar response (and price) from my local LR main dealer about a diagnostic investigation being required first, but they did confirm that there are no outstanding updates showing on their database for my VIN, with the implication that this particular update has already been applied.
I'll make some more enquiries of local indies to see what comes up.

Post #408587 3rd Jun 2021 9:02 am
dazs

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

ok , if its already been applied , may be worth a partial / full gearbox oil change if its not already been done ? dazs
------------------------
2013 FL2 SD4 Dynamic
1969 109 V8 Series 2a

Post #408593 3rd Jun 2021 9:15 am
Shootist

Good suggestion, but when I bought the vehicle 4mths ago I had a major service carried out including gearbox/Haldex fluids replaced along with water pump, cam belt etc. so I've already discounted that route. I should also add that the jerking transmission issue occurred before the software remapping (to fix the EGR/cooler problem).

There may indeed be a link with the transmission fluids temps as this jerking only happens when the transmission is hot, and then only very intermittently - very frustrating! It's obviously connected with the auto-neutral function that this model has - it's a pity there's no way to "delete" this automatic action. I've tried moving the gear selector manually to the neutral position when coming to a stop but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Post #408597 3rd Jun 2021 9:32 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

dazs wrote:
Is there a local Indy that might be able to do this update ? maybe Landranger ?

Give them a ring, have used Landranger several times in the past, genuine bunch of guys, if you are expecting coffee and cakes you had better bring your own and bring enough for the guys.
They use pathfinder diagnostics, not quite the same as the dealers, but certainly a lot more involved that the kit that owners can buy. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408600 3rd Jun 2021 9:39 am
Shootist

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll give them a bell later today.

Post #408601 3rd Jun 2021 9:41 am
Sidthecat

Shootist wrote:
Thanks for the swift response - can I ask, did you have the issue I mentioned before the update, and if so, did it cure it?
R.

Mines on a 63 plate and ‘jumped’ upon pulling away after sitting in traffic. No problems at all since running the update

Post #408604 3rd Jun 2021 10:12 am
Shootist

Thanks for that info - do you remember if this update was advised to you by the dealer as being LR recommended or was it just an optional "install it if you like" kind of update?
I ask because my local LR dealer tells me there are no "outstanding" updates available for my VIN and I'm wondering if they include "optional" updates in that list or whether they are only referring to essential updates following a recall campaign......

Post #408605 3rd Jun 2021 10:17 am
Kage

I had/have this problem on my SD4.
I paid the dealer £300 for the update which lasted about a week, before reappearing. Not as bad but still there. Dealer is not really interested.
I work round it now. Experience tells me when it’s going to happen, so I put it in neutral. When ready to pull away select Drive and let it start moving before touching the accelerator.
I’ve got into the habit of using neutral and handbrake at traffic lights anyway, just like a manual. Don’t like the thought of being rammed from behind when sitting in ‘Drive’ with foot on the brake.
I guess an ATF change might help when I get around to it. Can’t do any harm.

Post #408607 3rd Jun 2021 10:38 am
Sidthecat

Shootist wrote:
Thanks for that info - do you remember if this update was advised to you by the dealer as being LR recommended or was it just an optional "install it if you like" kind of update?
I ask because my local LR dealer tells me there are no "outstanding" updates available for my VIN and I'm wondering if they include "optional" updates in that list or whether they are only referring to essential updates following a recall campaign......

It was a problem I noticed some time after buying the car - posted it up on here and was pointed in the direction of the software update which I mentioned to my Indy who ran the update when the car went in for a service. Believe it's another known problem that JLR won't address Neutral
Can't see what the cost was now, but I'd certainly not have paid £300. After all I believe it's only a matter of linking the car to their computer and letting the update run through.
Think you need to find a reputable LR Indy, rather than rely on a main dealer since

Post #408609 3rd Jun 2021 10:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>