« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > James Edwards - Brock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Froggy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
James Edwards - Brock

Took delivery of an '07 FL2 XS Very Happy two weeks ago from James Edwards at Bock, nr Preston.
Great service, professionally done and really friendly. Okay, I know that they will be friendly with their hands on your wallet, but this was, to quote SWMBO, "Good old fashioned service with a smile".

Took the motor back today for a couple of very minor things to be done (a touch up on the tailgate paintwork and a couple of scratches blended in some interior trim).
Again, really friendly and taking the time to make sure everything was okay. One of the guys (Andy) even came out to show me how to get rid of the previous owners mobile profile and to point out a couple of things that I had questions on. All that and it was p Censored g it down and he was on crutches with a foot in a plaster cast. Loads of grins and some good info received.

I hope that the rest of my tenure with this motor will see the same, but it's looking good so far! Thumbs Up The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its' limits - Albert Einstein

Post #41412 30th Apr 2009 10:01 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I, too, was pleased with the service when I bought from them 2 years ago.
In July, though, a warranty replacement of a drive shaft seal was required. Afterwards I drove the car 30 miles to home without a problem then the SWMBO drove it 2 miles and said "What have they done!!!!!" I only dare do 10mph and its making horrendous noises" Indeed it was - every time you tried to accelerate.
I opened the bonnet and watched the engine whilst it was revved, and it was moving back and forth like a kids swing!
Called out LRA - my wife telling them that it sounded like the engine was falling out - they laughed and said "Oh no, that can`t happen" - and they sent the local breakdown company out. An enthusiastic lad turned up, who saw the problem and whipped the under engine cover off and the bottom engine mount retaining bolt, which was lying on the cover, fell out!!!!
He refitted it and all was OK. Who said the engine couldn`t have fallen out!
I rang the dealer the day after and confirmed with them that the mount would have been removed to replace the seal. Yes it was. So the "engineer" (in the loosest possible meaning of the word) had obviously pushed the bolt back into position but not bothered to tighten it up at all. A 30 mile trip meant it was just ready to fall out as soon as my wife started it.
What did the dealer say or do? NOTHING bar checking it was tightened - a bit late I thought. - and saying "but it was one of our most experienced technicians" - well heaven help anyone who has there car worked on by the others then!
Will I be returning - what do you think? Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #47365 10th Sep 2009 12:17 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Just bought a GS from these guys. Best price I could get nationally, I drove 200 miles to collect, Giles came in on his day off for the hand over. Despite them knowing that I shall not be returning for maintance they still made a huge effort in ensuring every thing was spot on. I paid a deposit on the car blind, on his description and I was very happy when I arrived. Checking vehicle bodywork is part of my job, so I was pleased to find no defects you would not expect for a 8000 mile car.
I would happily deal again with the Sales guys at this dealer.

Post #52086 14th Dec 2009 8:04 pm
Maddog

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Zermatt Silver

I took delivery off Brock in January. First class service - I will be returning to them without doubt.

Post #72054 14th Jul 2010 4:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1