Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Parking sensors. How to disable?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Badger51

Australia 

Nodge68 wrote:
Sensors work better in adverse weather than a camera, which will get covered in dirt and water when it's wet. All the vehicles we've had with a camera over the last decade, has always had sensors too, and the sensors are definitely more useful when the weather is rubbish, as the view from the camera is poor, when the weather is bad.

The sensors should be silent, unless there's something nearby to trigger the warning.

Funnily enough I can’t agree with you on that one Nodge68. I find the sensors are not 100% reliable in the wet & can give false warnings if they themselves are wet/dirty. (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #405829 27th Mar 2021 12:41 am
Pejo

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

“Would have seen it with a camera Wink “

Don’t have a camera on the front Surprised

Post #405830 27th Mar 2021 1:01 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

We all need to go to Italy for driving lessons. I have watched Italians park & get vehicles into or through seemingly impossible spaces in historic villages.

Mind blowing stuff.

The sensors on the car have a safety margin of about 200mm. In Italy from the drivers seat about 10mm.

I watched one young driver not only allow width, but hight in two places on a truck. He did get out to double check, but had a clearance of the awning & building of about a cm. He thought it was a piece of cake.

I gave him the thumbs up after he passed the simultaneous obstacles.

Another village, an owner bought the biggest car he could buy but had to fit into the off street space. 20 times back & forth to get it out, also allowing for the slope of the road & caster effect of the front wheels. Amazing stuff parking cars in tight spaces.

& I thought I was good at parking! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #405831 27th Mar 2021 1:29 am
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

riverblanche wrote:

I reverse up our drive to the house wall and the only bleep is when I am near the wall, 1 or 2 bleeps and I am parked up and all is quiet again. Laughing

Yes, I am used to ignoring the beep as i reverse in and get close to the wall - that didn't work so well when my daughter's car was parked there and I ignored the very clear warning from the car... Big Cry

In my defence, reversing up the slope, her car was hidden from view in my rear-view mirror, but her anguished cries from the back seat should have been a give-away! Embarassed 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #405833 27th Mar 2021 12:58 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Badger51 wrote:
Nodge68 wrote:
Sensors work better in adverse weather than a camera, which will get covered in dirt and water when it's wet. All the vehicles we've had with a camera over the last decade, has always had sensors too, and the sensors are definitely more useful when the weather is rubbish, as the view from the camera is poor, when the weather is bad.

The sensors should be silent, unless there's something nearby to trigger the warning.

Funnily enough I can’t agree with you on that one Nodge68. I find the sensors are not 100% reliable in the wet & can give false warnings if they themselves are wet/dirty.

I've not found this myself, at least I didn't have an issue, until my sensor module failed. Big Cry
If the sensors aren't working due to wet or dirt, the image from a rear camera will be worse.

We've had reverse cameras on our family car for the last decade, and find them particularly useless when it's wet, as road spray simply obscures the image totally, but the sensors still function correctly. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #405845 27th Mar 2021 6:58 pm
riverblanche

England 

Hi

Just getting back to OP and if it has a fault you might be better trying to sort it?

Park with plenty of room around you so there Should be nothing for the sensors to pick up
Ignition on, dash switch should not be flashing think that does if there's a fault,
Select reverse and all should be quiet?
If you get bleeping or a solid tone suggests faulty sensor (or housing Whistle ) back into neutral
If all quiet again it seems to be Rear sensor issue if noise continues its Front sensor issue
(as you say still bleeping when driving off?)
If you can narrow down front or rears then check the sensors are Secure in the housing which is fasten to the bumper, if the sensor is not square and firmly clipped into the housing it can pick up the housing as an object to near Big Cry
You can listen to each sensor for clicking the rears can be swapped around to see if it's the sensor not working
(no matter which position it's in still does not click, or the wiring to it if the swapped sensor is now quiet)
Don't know how easy to do on the front Question

Thumbs Up .
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #405893 28th Mar 2021 7:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12