« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Part suppliers.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Part suppliers.

Hello has anyone on the forum used or purchased replacement parts from “Brit parts”, they say they supply Jaguar Landrover with parts, and the other week whilst driving along the M40 in Warwickshire I was following a hgv advertising Brit parts for JLR.

Last year my front spring broke and I purchased replacement parts, spring and strut from main dealer which although guaranteed to fit ie genuine parts quite costly I thought but then recently Brit parts were advertising on the internet and their same parts are considerably cheaper somewhat.

I do like to use genuine parts at all times but they are so expensive these days.

So has anyone used them at all, or recommend them or other?

I am looking to overhaul the rear suspension in the spring as no issues but just peace of mind it’s all new.

Thank you I await some replies?

Post #404122 15th Feb 2021 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Badger51

Australia 

In my opinion, the first place to be looking for parts is in the site sponsors section! If you can get a better deal elsewhere at least you can haggle with them & they often offer a discount to forum members anyway. (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #404126 16th Feb 2021 12:00 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I bought a few accessories from others which the sponsors didn't sell. All the regular items I bought from the sponsors. Very good service, & that's to Australia. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #404127 16th Feb 2021 12:18 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red
Re: Part suppliers.

davyboy wrote:

I do like to use genuine parts at all times but they are so expensive these days.

I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of parts in a FL2 were not actually made by JLR but assembled by JLR.
JLR do not make springs, brakes, bulbs, fuses, relays, wiper blades, etc etc
Also a few FL2 "genuine parts" have "FoMoCo" on them.

I stick with OEM parts when I can. But you have to do your home work to check what your getting.
(I once bought new OEM BMW M3 suspension parts for upgrading my car. It was made by TWR who make the "genuine parts" and you could see where the BMW logo had been ground off - much much cheaper.)

FWIW Ive not bought anything from Brit Parts for ages. They used to sell a lot of series LR pattern parts too - quality varied as you'd expect with pattern parts - which may or not matter depending upon the part. Jules

Post #404128 16th Feb 2021 1:09 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Britpart are an aftermarket parts supplier, they are not OEM supplier. I have used their parts previously without any issues. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #404143 16th Feb 2021 11:50 am
simong_uk

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Some of their stuff is ok, other parts rightly earn them the moniker of 5%$tpart! Can't recommend their version of polybushes or filters but the other parts bought to fix other LRs have been reasonable for the price.

Back a couple of years when I was driving to and from Rouen on a monthly basis, I used to see one of their trucks virtually everytime on the Autoroute. 2000 Xei 1.8 gone
2004 HSE Td4 Auto, MT's, sump guard, sliderz - gone
2014 GS Man - AT's, Mantec Sump guard and tank guard, split charger in boot, towbar, work in progress...

Post #404145 16th Feb 2021 1:07 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Post #404164 16th Feb 2021 6:06 pm
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

10 years ago, I'd have agreed with almost every word

Now, it seems like he's Censored of with BP, because he can't buy direct anymore

FWIW, I spend in excess of £10k a month with Britpart, and in the last 3 years, we have had less than £250 of warranty returns

I suspect a lot of the negative feedback is from people who buy the cheapest of the cheap, expecting the same quality as an OEM or Genuine part...

Post #404170 16th Feb 2021 8:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Good evening Mikey, Thank you for your reply, a question to ask please, Do you purchase shock absorbers from Brit parts for landrovers?

I’m not convinced really as always prefer genuine parts at any cost but main dealer prices seem crazy at the moment but in reflection you get what you pay for end of the day plus the reassurance of oem parts.

What about bearmach they say genuine oem parts, both part sellers don’t do rear springs for fl2

May just bite my lip and go for dealer stealer...!

Post #404172 16th Feb 2021 8:55 pm
moestr7v8

England 

Hi All, in the Land Rover Owners magazine they are repairing a Freelander2 and it's being sponsered I beleive by Britparts, in this months copy they are covering replacement power steering parts , so I thought as our Fl2 needs new pipework due to rust i thought this to be of interest and followed their steps and thought as they listed the part numbers for the hoses I would purchase them via Britpart, applied for the parts catologue which I duly received, very smart and useful if you have any LR other than a Freelander2, could I find the parts I needed, no,so I looked up LR Parts on the net and found the one I needed p/n LRO29185 genuine L/R part at £72.95, I also found another one @ £49.95, looks exactly the same with a 5 year guaauntee from SJRautoparts. The quandry is do I go for the genuine part or the supposidly OEM part with a 5 year guarantee
Cheers
Moe

Post #404173 16th Feb 2021 10:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1