Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > COVID 19, who's had it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
COVID 19, who's had it.

I've seen a couple of threads on here that talk about the Coronavirus, but am curious to know how many of you have been unlucky enough to catch it.

My wife and I have been extremely careful since last March, even to the extent of restricting seeing our new twin Granddaughters born Oct 2nd. I was also lucky enough to have the Phizer vaccine mid January because of my Wife's health issues and me being her carer. Unfortunately my wife was admitted to hospital with Heart failure just over 3 weeks ago and after 3 test was confirmed positive on the 4th test having contracted the Virus in hospital (shes fine now and home) During this period I was beginning to feel unwell which was actually Flu, what I didn't realise that this was becoming pneumonia and despite being so careful I caught COVID19. this resulted in an ambulance ride to hospital followed by a 9 day stay, 5 of these in ICU and could have died. I'm pretty certain my infection came about from some young children in the local park who love to play with and make a fuss of my 2 Border Collies. Being a completely open air environment I didn't think I needed to wear a mask and always tried to social distance, but with hindsight and considering these children are still attending primary school I should have given this more thought. The good news is I was allowed home late on Saturday, they say I should make a full recovery but it's a long slow road ahead of me but I do feel I'm making a good recovery. Something good is I lost over a Stone in Hospital which I intend to keep off and feeling a little brave yesterday I went out to the Freelander and started it as it hasn't been used in weeks. it was freezing cold, the was car still covered in snow but it unlocked and started without issue Thumbs Up

So there's my story albeit condensed somewhat. Any of you fine people found yourselves is such a situation with this awful Virus Question I for one would be interested to read about it.

Be safe everyone. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #403995 12th Feb 2021 5:35 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I wish you all the best.

My Sister only lives a few km from me & have only seen her once in over 12 months & we still stayed apart.

We are in a nice place for walking but due to the number people we walk along the roads to avoid them. Some other people are doing the same! So we try to walk on the opposite side of the road or on the road, streets are quiet enough.

We get a lot of wind as we live near the coast, so the air is replaced with clean air. We try to walk up wind of other people. We shop at quiet times & have only been in supermarkets & greengrocers. No cafes, restaurants or any other shops, not good for the economy! We avoid as many people as we can.

If we had a serious outbreak here we are already in a good routine & we could step up our procedure to a more stringent level. We had our area locked down for a few weeks over Christmas & New Year so no visitors were allowed. Not that we were seeing anyone anyway.

Vaccines have not started here, still a few more weeks & then it will be a at the end of the year before a high percentage of people are done, if we are lucky, & if they are still effective with the new strains.

As the old saying goes, we avoid avoid people like the plague! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #403997 12th Feb 2021 7:12 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Milothedog glad you and your wife survived and are now recovering.

Not sure of the timeline of events, are you saying that you were seriously ill with Covid some time after you had the Pfizer Jab?

That seems worrying. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #404001 12th Feb 2021 8:55 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Sorry for any confusion. What I mean is I had the first vaccine. There were no side effects, but it was only 2 weeks after that I became ill so in all likelihood the vaccine hadn't reached its full effectiveness. My second one is due in early April subject to supplies being available.

Keep safe. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #404009 13th Feb 2021 8:48 am
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Who and how this virus affects people seems to be pot luck, My pals daughter and her boyfriend both had Covid, they are both young fit and sporty but he has Crohn's disease so they were initially more concerned about him but she was very ill for two weeks and he had nothing more than a few days of feeling tired and groggy, makes no sense does it?

Post #404011 13th Feb 2021 9:35 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

One of my sons was the same; he felt he'd lost a little sense of taste over the New Year weekend, tested and found he was positive so all the family self isolated for a fortnight. Ironically his partner is a teacher so hadn't been in for a few weeks, children hadn't been to school and most his firm were working from home until the office closed the week before Christmas. He'd chosen to go in as there were so few people there and he needed access to certain computer programmes.
He can only put it down to contact at the supermarket or post office.
The minor loss of taste was his only symptom

Post #404014 13th Feb 2021 10:51 am
PRadd

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Santorini Black

Very glad that you & your wife re recovering Milo and everyone else mentioned in this thread.

We have friends that have had Covid, she works at Burnley college and believed she picked it up there (which given the death of a staff member there and recently reported concerns over their covid safe procedures seems highly likely) - it seems she took it home to her husband, who ended up much worse with it & was rushed to hospital & a stay in ICU followed by a lengthy stay on a ward. he is now back home and recovering slowly.

My Uncle & Aunt thought they had a cold but were advised to have a test which came back positive, they quarantined and progressed to being moderately unwell for a while & are now almost back to normal, with less fatigue as time goes by. They are also significantly older than our friends above. They had the Pfizer jab recently (they of course told the medics when they had had covid & were advised to go ahead and have the 1st jab) and suffered a couple of days of being more unwell than it seems the vast majority - I wonder if the root of this was their recent infection prior to the jab - a little too soon perhaps?.

All of the elderly and at risk amongst friends and family have now had a 1st jab & we are looking forward to it being rolled out down the spectrum to us.

In the meantime (and likely afterwards for some time) we will all just carry on as before, essential shopping only & being sensible as are the vast majority of us all which is very reassuring in these times & only badly let down by a small minority who deserve to feel the weight of the law - repeat offenders in particular Censored

Good luck to all here & hopefully we can navigate to a return to something more normal in the not so distant future. 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Manual Dynamic
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover
1956/7 88" Series One Land Rover - undergoing restoration

Post #404021 13th Feb 2021 12:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1