Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR finance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ron burgandy

LR finance

i took out lr finance when i bought my fl2 hse. it is a three year contract but does anybody know if i can hand it back earlier than 3 years?

i love the fl2 and so does everybody who rides in it but i just fancy something sportier and someone i know is selling a rather nice 2 seater sports car.

i have owned the fl2 for 18 months

any help appreciated 57 plate, hse stornoway grey with full bodykit, privacy glass, bi-xenon adaptive lights, clear indicators and colour coded door handles (sold now)

Post #40896 22nd Apr 2009 9:47 am
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

I also have LR finance. I do know you can upgrade to another LR within the period as I checked very carefully (you never know, my boat might come in and I can have a bling bling Vogue)

As for handing it back and walking away? You need to check the small print very carefully. I think there might be a legal loophole which allows you to hand products back and walk away if 50% of any finance is paid off, but not too sure, it might be an old wives tale.

Can't see any dealer is going to want to buy it off you, they no doubt have more than enough stock.

Best bet, sell it privately. In the meantime get a new credit card and buy the sports car on that to act as a bridging loan. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #40899 22nd Apr 2009 10:13 am
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Alternatively, why not have the best of both worlds?

Get yourself a Caterham or Westfield or one of the other Lotus 7 replica's as a toy and keep the FL. I had one some years back. Quickest thing you'll ever drive on 4 wheels bar none, good for spanking many a Porshce, Furry, Scooby, 2000's etc at most legal speeds. With a Hyabussa turbo lump under the front = 700 hp / tonne. Lewis Hamilton doesn't have much more than that.

2 seater sports cars? Pah. Laughing 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #40902 22nd Apr 2009 10:19 am
deluser_qhf

How much you going to sell it for?????

Post #40928 22nd Apr 2009 9:04 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I think it depends on what the finance is, if it is the LR equivalent of good old fashioned HP then I believe there is a point in the agreement where you can hand the car back, walk away and that is written into the agreement. If the finince is the LR equivalent of a personal loan then it's your responsibility to clear the loan whether you achieve that by selling the car or any other means, but handing the car back is not part of that deal. Probably need to check the good old small print to see what applies.....

I've been follokwing a simlar thread elswhere and seen this discussed, apparently personal loan type finince is more likely to give the better interest rate than HP because HP has to account for all eventualities, which includes taking the car back before the term is complete. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #40930 22nd Apr 2009 9:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1