Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Should tyres have more importance on an MOT ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Andy131 wrote:
The vast majority of the people here are here because they are interested in cars - Freelanders in particular.
There are a large number of drivers who see the car purely as a means of transport, servicing!!! That’s what the MOT is for 😳

I kid you not, I know of relatives who have had cars years and never lifted the bonnet, didn’t know that they had screen washers so never topped them up. Record was a Golf that managed 5 years with no oil change before the engine seized - and was upset because German cars are supposed to be reliable.

Japanese thats what you need to totally neglect and yet expect it to keep going.
My sister in law had a Suzuki Ignis from new for 13 years. It only got serviced when something broke, brake pads down to the metal and took out he discs, top up the oil when the warning light cam on - maybe Rolling Eyes Tyres? as long as they were black and vaguely round shaped they were fine, not a straight panel on it. It amazed me that it ran for as long as it did. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #400890 8th Dec 2020 7:30 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

An interesting hour sitting in ATS whilst I had 4 Cross Climates fitted to the Scooby (even though there was more than 3mm all round) . The chap on the reception telephone was a model of customer service as he explained why budget tyres were not a good idea to various “ performance’ car owners . The word budget was oft repeated followed by the drawbacks of such rubber , just listening made me realise that to many , tyres are a distress purchase , not a planned maintenance event , and certainly not part of the car purchasing decision .

The other interesting thing to me was that I didn’t realise that Michelin owned Black Circles . This is the obvious reason that Black Circles could supply and fit via the Michelin owned ATS at £78 per set cheaper than my local Indy who I’d love to support -but £78 is better in my pocket ..... .Even better priced than Costco by a couple of quid a hoop . I was going to fit anothe set of Bridgestone A005 which have been faultless for 26000 miles on and mild off road , but the Michelin price was just too good to ignore. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #400893 8th Dec 2020 8:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12