« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > All in one PC's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
All in one PC's

Anyone got one of these? We are looking to get a new desktop PC in the new year but wanted an AIO as they are neater and take up less space. As always there's a myriad of options from different brands but it'll be Windows 10 and SSD for sure.

We aren't doing shed loads of creative tasks and designs or anything like that so we don't need something with more power than NASA. We just want a decent, fast computer with good performance for MS office and browsing the web.

Any thoughts? LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #400509 30th Nov 2020 1:49 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

A slight alternative, Asus PN40, I set one up for a friend. Unless you are doing 3d rendering it's more than adequate.

If the screen dies you don't have to chuck out the whole thing. The computer is so small you can hide it.

Have you tried OpenOffice.

I use a 2009 Mac Mini & still do very large Photoshop files on it in 16 bit. The Asus PN40 will be a lot faster. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #400512 30th Nov 2020 5:07 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I use a 24" HP Touchsmart all in one system that someone gave me a couple of years ago as it was "broken". It was easy to fix I just reverted to a previous restore point and then all OK, I then moved the system over to an SSD and maxed out the RAM at 8Gb. It's basically like a giant tablet with a 24" touch screen but I know that if anything goes wrong with the mother board then it's basically unfixable. The touch screen part threw a wobbly last year even though I never used the facility so I just removed the drivers. I have a second 24" monitor attached which is really useful as you can drag and drop stuff across and it's like having a huge wide screen.

Would I buy one? Probably not. I would just get a huge monitor and a small system unit on the floor in the knowledge that its probably more expandable and probably a lot cheaper.

Incidentally I don't know if it's common knowledge but you can still get a free upgrade to Win10 from Win 7 or 8. All you have to do is switch on one of the features for disabled people and download the ISO upgrade file from the MS website. Takes ages to do the upgrade but I have done it several times. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #400541 30th Nov 2020 7:17 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I had one at home that I now have in work. Must be getting on for 10 years old. A bit sluggish now with windows 10 and internet explorer but I only use it for emails and browsing. Takes a minute or two to fire up though. It also has touch screen and even has a TV tuner built into it with a full remote control - you connect a normal aerial through a special adaptor although I don’t use it nowdays but it was cutting edge when I first got it! As you say, great space saver. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #400548 30th Nov 2020 9:07 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Put an SSD in it. Makes a huge difference. Mine fires up in 25 seconds from a complete close down. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #400552 30th Nov 2020 11:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1