« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > I'm an idiot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Just been out a tried on my 2014 SD4 and even with the ignition on you can't get it out of "P". Message comes up telling you to put your foot on the brake and start the engine. Same on wife's 2018 Suzuki.

You can. I put mine, also 2014 SD4. up onto ramps when Im changing the oil. I turn ignition on but dont start it to roll it back down off the ramps before filling with oil. From memory, after ignition switches on, foot on brake allows you to move it into neutral and release he EPB. Thumbs Up Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #400142 19th Nov 2020 7:45 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

@Davyboy It could have been worse, she might have left it running in "D" and with the handbrake on while she went shopping. Laughing 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #400144 19th Nov 2020 7:47 pm
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

To dorsetfreelander, Yep can’t dispute that, it doesn’t surprise me with her thinking as she drives a fiat 500c semi automatic where the gearbox has no park, only neutral, drive and reverse and manual up/down thru the box. Ignition keys can be removed in any selection.

If she had only phoned me to ask a simple question but no, at that time the car was less than 3 yrs old, just imagine walking past it on the carpark, engine running, more likely in gear handbrake on keys in the ignition.
What a Sunday afternoon gift to some chav

To explain that to the insurance well,

Nope, no near misses ever again I always remove the starter relay and put the cover back, happy days.

Years ago I worked for a well known car security company and had to fit a device to a Porsche Carrera 4 cabrio. Parked in an underground carpark I decided to move the car over so the doors could be opened wide and to help to allow more light in I dropped the roof down. Checked everything on the car and no faults or issues in fact car was two days old, and very expensive.

Owned by a well known at the time a Manchester United footballer. Wife is a member of the spice girls- work it out.

At the end of the install Would the roof go up? NO, Having taken the car apart once it came apart again to check nothing left off,
2 hours later with no results I eventually phoned the service department of the dealer to ask for “Help”. In total desperation. Can you imagine my delema

In the conversation he asked is the handbrake on??? No I said, try the roof with the brake on,. Well, the roof worked fine.

Now who’s the Idiot? I learnt well that particular day but never passed the information on to my colleagues, naughty, naughty.

Loads more stories, might write a book.

Post #400149 19th Nov 2020 11:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12