« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Interior Lights timed off when door open
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gilly's Boy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
Interior Lights timed off when door open

Hi to all you clever people out there. I have looked at the Index on this Section and cannot find any topic referring to the automatic extinguishing of interior lights after a period with a door open. This feature was standard on my Disco 2 and on my Classic Rangie even, but doesn't seem to be present on my 2014MY Freel. Is it possible to find this somewhere in the CCF perhaps and turn it - even for a non electronic trained 74 year old? I am often at events where you can stay with the car and watch but want to have a door or tailgate open for ventilation or if you have dogs. Even cleaning the interior needs doors open for more than a few minutes. As I recall on the D2 the interior lights extinguished after 10 minutes with doors open. Any tips or tricks gratefully received! Many thanks in advance. Thumbs Up Michelin Cross Climates are the way to go!
1971 Series 2A is for fun.
Disco 2 was a great car but had to make way for something more comfortable!
The Classic Vogue SE V8 was my favourite!

Post #400299 23rd Nov 2020 9:53 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

On a 14MY I guess you've got two options;
1) set the lights to the off position
2) wait for the BCM to go to sleep (about 5 minutes)

Regardless of CCF the interior lights will always go to sleep once the CANBus sleeps. This won't happen if you open or close the door(s). This also handily means if you leave them in the 'always on' position (ie pesky kids) they do shut off and don't flatten the battery.

If they aren't going to sleep after 5 (and a bit) minutes, and you aren't interacting with the car, you may find you have a bus sleep issue that needs investigating and or new software in a module. But if that was the case, you'd have a flat battery most of the time.

I can't recall an 'Exit lighting' timer for interior lights in the CCF, though I could be wrong.

Post #400300 23rd Nov 2020 10:06 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

On my 2007 i6 the lights do go off when the doors are left open for a certain time, presume it is standard.
Welcome by the way. Common sense isn't very common.

Post #400301 23rd Nov 2020 10:06 pm
3landertwo

Read the first post in the thread below.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic30407.html

Largered

Puddle and Foot Well lamps - Automatic ON/OFF and Reset

Here is a good one for you guys.

When I travel, for 6 months, I remove the bulbs from the foot well and puddle lamps, so it does not drain the main battery.

Last week I visited Dorset for only two nights. I had already re-installed the said bulbs.

So whilst sitting out enjoying a large red, I noticed when the drivers door was open the puddle and foot well lamps were ON. after a period they automatically turn off. Now, if I open a rear door and close it the drivers puddle lamp comes back ON as do the foot well lamps. They then again after a period turn OFF. BUT with the drivers door still open the puddle lamps AUTOMATICALLY come back ON, after a period, and I touched nothing.

WHY ??

This happened several times during the late evening.

Post #400302 23rd Nov 2020 10:42 pm
alex_pescaru

CCF - Battery saver time: values 1, 2, 3, 4, correspond to 0, 30, 60, 180 minutes.

Post #400305 24th Nov 2020 12:06 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

The internal lights do go off after about 10 minutes, as least it feels like a long time. We know this from camping as we don't fully close the doors until we need to, to avoid waking up the car. It is staggering how many times one opens a door while camping next to the car. We took the footwell & boot globes out to minimise pointless drain on the battery in the remote outback. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #400308 24th Nov 2020 2:52 am
Gilly's Boy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Hi Guys,
Many thanks to Vanny and those others who have replied to my question. Just like the D2 Boys Club, there are always people out there who have a great store of knowledge and are willing to share it! I am very grateful. When I am next cleaning the interior of the car with doors open of coourse, I will set the stopwatch and see how long I have to wait before the lights go out. It just seems so bizarre that the radio likes to switch off after about 5 minutes and again another 5 after restarting manually, but the lights seem to stay on longer. I will do the timing test and report back. Thanks once again for your help everyone. Thumbs Up Michelin Cross Climates are the way to go!
1971 Series 2A is for fun.
Disco 2 was a great car but had to make way for something more comfortable!
The Classic Vogue SE V8 was my favourite!

Post #400438 27th Nov 2020 4:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1