Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Accessory plug in rear - non-constant power.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bjbaker

Australia 
Accessory plug in rear - non-constant power.

Hi people

Hoping someone else may have looked at this.

I have a 2011 FL2, TD4 and want to have access to an ACC wire in the back of the vehicle to install another power plug but can't seem to find anything in the rear junction box that powers on with the accessory power. The loadspace power socket is constant 12V. So is the rear "accessory" socket fuse (which connects to socket at back of centre console). I've never been quite sure why that accessory socket was made constant 12V, and I heard it isn't in later models?

Every other fuse socket i've tried seems to either be constant 12V or powers on with ignition (but not accessory).

Anyone ever looked at this? I want a plug that isn't constant 12V but doesn't require the engine to be started. If i've missed something I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction Very Happy --
Freelander 2 TD4 (2011) RHD - Base kit (standard audio) with rear parking sensors

Post #399305 3rd Nov 2020 11:17 am
3landertwo

do you also want it NOT to on a time-out circuit ? like the radio is.

Post #399314 3rd Nov 2020 4:24 pm
bjbaker

Australia 

Actually for my application, timeout circuit would be OK - either way really. I realised that my testing of circuits might actually be skewed by the fact that the car is unlocked and trunk open.

If you have any pointers for what i should be looking for in the servicemanual/electrical diagrams, that'd be great (eg. what is connected to what time-out circuit)

My car is the baseline TD4, so a lot of the fuses are obviously not installed (eg. seat warmer, electric seats, premium audio /amp connections) --
Freelander 2 TD4 (2011) RHD - Base kit (standard audio) with rear parking sensors

Post #399340 4th Nov 2020 5:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1