Home > General > Delivery Times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
zaria123

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Nazca Sand
Delivery Problems

Hi Guys

Following on this topic....I am having issues getting my new Freelander.

It was ordered in April, and was supposed to be 12 weeks max. At the moment there is no sign of the car. It is now just about to turn 16 weeks.

Dealer told me about 5 weeks ago that LR built it accidentally to the wrong spec fitting a Winter Pack instead of the Cold Climate pack we chose....strangely we weren't offered the opportunity to pay the extra and take this car.

We were then promised delivery between 20th & 30th August, but we still have no news, or answers. The dealer tells us that LR are very bad at indicating delivery times, or at what part of the build or delivery process the car is at....but reading this post it doesn't seem that is true.

The dealer keeps saying they need to contact LR, LR don't return his calls, he doesn't return ours etc etc etc. In theory no-one knows if we have or can get a car. I would seriously think of changing my mind except we had a agreed a deal, and now our trade-in car is worth 4 months less in value if we start the process all over again.

So....can the dealer simply tell by logging in to a computer the build / delivery stage of any of his orders?

Post #5838 29th Aug 2007 12:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

It may be worth explaining your situation to another dealer, and see if they would be willing to "adopt" the order. Even if you don't go through with that (as it may involve a lot of hassle with your current dealer), it's should at least make your current dealer sit up and listen. Alternatively they may just say that what you're being told is probably the truth, at least then you will know that your dealer is being open with you.

Post #5839 29th Aug 2007 1:00 pm
zaria123

Landrover

Thanks for that, think it is a dealer issue...spoke to Land Rover and they say from the minute the dealer places the order, it is traceable thereafter via their computer system, and shows within a 24 hour tolerance the build stage, and eta for delivery.....so not sure what the dealer is playing at....other problem is we only have a few of dealers here, there is the main dealer, then the others are retail outlets who's car are supplied by the main dealer...... Sad

Post #5840 29th Aug 2007 1:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

If your dealer doesn't come up with somthing good when you go back to him, how viable would it be for you to try a dealer on the mainland, such as Conwy Land Rover? I think they already deal with quite a few "exports" to NI.

Post #5841 29th Aug 2007 2:02 pm
zaria123

Land Rover

Wish I had done that from the start...never had a great experience with this dealer over here....but they just called, and apparently the car is showing a date of 28th September.....there is one fully built from factory stock but without the cold climate pack....basically seems to be a problem with very few Nazca Sand cars being built, and adding the climate pack on.......watch this space!

Post #5842 29th Aug 2007 2:17 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Delivery Time

Zaria, your situation is indeed very unsatisfactory.
Your dealer has (should have) internet-access to the manufacturing status of FL II's ordered by him.
My dealer in Germany has -at my request- enquired and told me the exact production date of my Freely, and the delivery date of the car to my dealer. All dates have exactly been met, and I could sell my present car just in time. I ordered my Freely II TD4 Automatic on April 30, 2007, manufacturing date was the week commencing July 09, and delivery date was July 27, 2007.
As a lawyer I know that certain dealers have a "difficult" financial standing with Landrover due to past experience. So some of them are are put on the waiting list until they have paid their dues to LR.
This may be, and I repeat - may be the reason of your late delivery.

I can only recommend to choose your dealer carefully and boycott any dealer who wants an advance or deposit with your order. In Germany this practice is used only by doubios second hand car dealers and every buyer is advised to reject any such request (or demand).

Wishing you all success and soon delivery of your Freely!

Yamaha-Fan

Post #5865 30th Aug 2007 6:47 am
zaria123

Thanks...keeping my fingers crossed.....by the delivery time given now from order to delivery will be 25 to 26 weeks.

Unfortunately this is the only dealer option we have (they are a large multi-franchise dealer group), and both myself and others have had service issues with them before (quoting for work needing done, which either didn't or was vastly overpriced...not with Land Rover but other brands). Interestingly this dealer was recently fined on 2 separate occasions by Trading Standards for charging for service work which was done.

Next time I want to look at a new RR Sport, so may use this opportunity as advised to try a UK mainland agent instead.

Post #5875 30th Aug 2007 12:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12