« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Lookers chelmsford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ihf1

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Lookers chelmsford

After the close down of lookers Hadleigh (where good to me) phoned lookers Chelmsford to talk to service department about my replacement heater recall..

Service where busy so I left number.

No return call, this happened there times today, with my end comments reminding the reception lady why Land Rover are in such a state at present , and they should be looking after every customer, and the dealer principle would look forward to my visit.

I did receive a call back but did not seem to worried that customers should at least have calls returned.

I suppose i should expect nothing less from Chelmsford branch as It took them 2 months to follow up on sales visit by me !

I will find out more on Saturday when the car goes in.

Where do I go now for service etc in the essex area.

Post #34520 12th Jan 2009 8:11 pm
elevatordude70

Having the same problem with Lookers Chelmsford with booking my Disco 3 in. Too busy to answer the phone!!
Do you know that Essex Ford have a Land Rover Service Centre at Dunton that I have heard good things about.
The number is 01268 5227440. One Disco guy saved a lot on a service, let me know if you try them as my car may need to go for the EPB soon Censored

Post #34554 13th Jan 2009 12:14 pm
elevatordude70

http://www.dunton.basildon.landrover.co.uk/

Post #34557 13th Jan 2009 12:22 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

You could always try the site sponsor CHPR Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #34558 13th Jan 2009 12:29 pm
elevatordude70

Another Dealer that seems to come up well but is over the water is Beadles Sidcup.

Post #34559 13th Jan 2009 12:34 pm
engineer59

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I am also disappointed at the closure of the Lookers @Hadleigh branch.

visited Chelmsford yesterday,after many phone calls to service department,who are always busy,to try and get

the car booked in for the heater recall fitment.

Naff site,Very poor compared to Hadleigh,and while I was chatting to the service desk ,I happened to see the

1st service costs for my FL2,,£485!!!!!

guess I`ll be looking around for my servicing needs elsewhere......

Oh and the heater thats being replaced was never in use according to the service desk person.... 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway Grey, Black interior,privacy glass

Post #34654 14th Jan 2009 1:35 pm
ptbalfour

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Bit of a trek from Essex I know but I been quoted £275.00 inc VAT part and labour for 15k/12 months service John Bryson Service manager, Hunters, Norwich. Worth a drive to save £148.00 possibly. I gave Lookers Chelmsford the swerve a long time ago. Their customer service is very poor. 08 FL2 GS TD4 Auto, Stornoway Grey, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Ebony Leather, Heated Front Windscreen/front seats

Post #34669 14th Jan 2009 4:07 pm
ihf1

just for info, i did contact service centre at Laindon, afte 5 minute wait service cost GBP450 i explained I thought they where ment to be offering good deals, after another ten mins on hold down to GBP 350.

Just contacted Essex 4x4 in Wickford, independent landrover service team, all ex lookers chelmsford service team, with all correct equipment price GBP249 !!

Think I know where I will be going...Not

Looker chelmsford GBP475

I will save GBP226......by independant

Post #36879 10th Feb 2009 7:55 pm
J T

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

ihf1 wrote:

Just contacted Essex 4x4 in Wickford, independent landrover service team, all ex lookers chelmsford service team, with all correct equipment price GBP249 !!

Think I know where I will be going...Not

Looker chelmsford GBP475

I will save GBP226......by independant

Very useful info......Thank's.

Post #36883 10th Feb 2009 10:32 pm
Northsea Medic

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

After the closure of Lookers in Bury St Edmunds I had to have a re-think. I had cause to contact Lookers to complement the team at Bury for the excellent service I had received and ended up contacting Pat Sheedy (Lookers Franchise Director). He was very good at getting back to me. Due to recent events I have had to contact him again as I discovered that I had the wrong registration plates fitted - again excellent service.

Due to location I called in at Hunters of Norwich last week as I have a few niggles to be looked at. They were more than happy to look after me and even offered to keep my vehicle whilst away on business for a fortnight. They will post me my spare key home so I can collect my vehicle after hours on my return.

Judging by the service so far I'm confident that I'll be looked after...

Post #36885 10th Feb 2009 11:10 pm
ihf1

The saga continues with lookers Chelmsford, and the disgusting customer service they give.

belive it or not this continues from my original post, way back early Jan.

When the car was in for heater recall, advised of click every time clutch pressed.

They kept me waiting two half hours to advise that it needed either a new pedal or servo i belive.

I asked if it could be picked up from me but would not be able to offer this service until 16th Feb, which was not a problem.

Today I decided to check if they remembered my collection this Monday and if they had parts in as i need car Tuesday.

I was the advised by a very rude member of staff, that they had tried to contact me, but had not been able to, and that they are now not able to pre order parts without confirmation that the part is faulty, even though they have already spent two and half hours checking this.

I asked what the implication was for me. Reply was they will pick up find damaged component and then bring car back and then re book again, or keep car until part in, that would be a few days.

I asked If I could now have a car as I have commitments, Answer was no !! Problem is mine not the theirs
My responce was i booked this 4 weeks ago, and as a main dealer you are unable to get a part ??.

At that stage I advised that that there are many other dealers looking for business and I will be taking my custom to another dealership.

\
After this conversation with service , I was so disgusted, I had to contacted dealer principle who will call me back Monday (I Hope) after investigating internaly

I asked him if any of his staff, had recently read any daily news paper at the state of the british car industry, and asked him why are lookers sending out weekly news letters on offers they have. If they can not look after the customers they already have why get new one. Mad

I now look forward to Mondays responce from Mr dealer principle...Keep you updated

Post #37094 13th Feb 2009 8:10 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Good on yer ihf1 make the b45tards have it !!!

That sounds like crap service, you wouldn't want that anywhere let alone from a supposed premium brand stealership ....

I've had cause to speak with the dealer principle at my place, smarmy git says all the right things to your face, but you remain unconvinvced...

Hope you get it sorted, by the way I have reported the clicking clutch pedal, they said no problem found, so I just have to use it until breaks !!! Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #37100 13th Feb 2009 9:14 pm
ihf1

you sound like me......thank god

I love it and look forward to making a dealer principle know i am not the shy and non aggresive type !!

Thanks

Post #37102 13th Feb 2009 9:36 pm
Northsea Medic

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have had a couple of dealings with the franchise manager at Lookers and he has been excellent. Have had the run around with previous dealer and decided to go for the top man this time. Granted, the first time I contacted him it was to compliment his team, the second time was with an issue I had and as the branch I purchased from are no longer open I went to him. Try the polite but assertive approach and see how you go - PM has gone to you with his email address...

Post #37106 13th Feb 2009 11:06 pm
ihf1

many thanks, i will look forward to his address

Thanks

Post #37107 13th Feb 2009 11:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>