Home > Technical > Radio etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
WGG1848

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Radio etc

SE Auto, (In Black)
OK we have had her a week or so and she's a beauty, but like most beauty's she has her mysteries,
One of them is why do i have to start the engine to turn on the entertainment system?
Putting the key in the slot seems to activate things but to turn the system on I have to start the engine,
With all the other gadgets to get use to, is this one niggle we have to live with?

Post #40377 13th Apr 2009 11:42 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

my power button on the radio will turn the radio on, (i think for 1 hour) whether the keys are in the car or not

You could also press the start button, for a few seconds, without starting the engine, (IIRC without the foot on the brake in a Auto) which will turn all the electrics on without starting the engine

It could be due to low battery power too

nick Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40379 13th Apr 2009 11:56 am
WGG1848

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Power Button

Tried the power button option, this worked, except that the seat belt warning kept pinging away. the other idea did not work.

Post #40381 13th Apr 2009 2:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

With it been a 09 a software change, but it, might not have been enabled from the delivery setting, which would most like be set to off, and should have been set to on during the PDI

you could always turn off the seatbelt warning bong Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40382 13th Apr 2009 2:31 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I got my brand new car today and the whole setup of the seatbelt pinging is changed:

I have to test it to be shure, but it seams the car just wont start if the seatbelt is not locked. No more pings and stuff.

If you then unlock the seatbelt nothing happens, meaning the car just keeps running, no pings.

Probably the dash may mention something, but I have to check it to make sure (my wife discoverd that).

There ae some other differences compared to descriptions I read on this forum and i'll make sure to make a new topic on these once I think I discovered them all.

Post #40462 14th Apr 2009 9:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Magic Man

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Our 09 only pings if the seat belts are not on if the engine is started, can turn just the ignition on without a ding at all... Only seems to ding over a certain mph as well, just get the light on the dash otherwise. FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #40554 16th Apr 2009 1:08 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

There are probably LR spies that read the forum, so they have now found a way to foil us messing with their software Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #40558 16th Apr 2009 6:41 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Mine is the 'standard' or basic system as found on a GS, also mine is an early car. The CD/radio can be switched on at any time by just hitting the power button on the radio itself. As NP states if I do this with ingnition off then the radio stays on for a predetermined length of time, probably an hour or so.

What really annoys me about the radio is that if listening in this way (with ingition off) and then the engine is started the radio drops out for about twenty seconds and goes through its normal start up sequence which at least 50% of the time causes the radio to loose its tuning setting. I've mentioned this to the dealer more than any other problem I've had but even at this advanced stage of ownership they have neither been able to fix it nor offer an explanation as to why it happens. It seems I will go to my grave without a solution to that problem .... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #40632 16th Apr 2009 8:41 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I listen to mine with the ignition off and after 10mins or so it say's low battery 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #40646 17th Apr 2009 12:34 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I was wrong. Magic Man's explanation is how mine works too:
Starts pinging only when you're driving above a certain speed, think it 1mph or somthing.
Doesn't ping when stationary

Post #40654 17th Apr 2009 1:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

i would get your battery checked Rover60, and replaced under warranty Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40665 17th Apr 2009 4:48 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

does yours not do that? 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #40666 17th Apr 2009 4:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

not that i have noticed Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40669 17th Apr 2009 5:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1