Home > Technical > Autel MD806 Pro v iCarsoft CR V2.0 OBD2 Scanners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AJ918

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Autel MD806 Pro v iCarsoft CR V2.0 OBD2 Scanners

Hi

Anyone got either of the above OBD2 scanners, I am trying to work out which is best one, a key requirement is to measure ATF temp both seem to offer this and other similar features, but I would welcome any input from those who have used either. Or any one who has any alternative suggestions for a all system OBD2 scanner under £200.

Post #408306 26th May 2021 1:32 pm
jimbowats

Ive got an Autel AP200 which works pretty good, reads all LR codes and shows ATF temp..doesnt show the correct engine oil temp for some reason but other that it does the job.

Post #408317 26th May 2021 10:18 pm
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Good evening, I currently have the icar soft version 2 landrover code reader at £136 pounds which I think is good value for money, although the unit arrived with no software loaded and had to sort my car out quickly and without a computer I couldn’t load the icar soft quick enough to assist so I borrowed an expensive version the the Autel range, sorry cannot remember which one it was but the tester did not give the correct code to sort the car which was frustrating somewhat.

Eventually I was able to download the software onto my icorsoft reader and that actually read the fault code temporarily cleared the issue and drove the car home. I was then able to diagnose the fault accurately and the car now runs perfectly. Even starts better too,

The tester does give engine oil temp but not actually gone into the auto box side as my rule is If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Thinking of it all now I would go for the icar soft reader but some people sometimes cannot be pleased all the time, for 136 quid against the Autel which some offer the same spec retail 350 quid upwards then you have the risk that it doesn’t assist with faults.

Post #408321 26th May 2021 11:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I have the icarsoft 2.. Sadly ,just recently I've had the "Link lead error" flash up on it. Not really a big deal - you have to download the latest software from the website. Sadly I only have a Chromebook, which isn't compatible . I'll need to visit my brother to do the update, but it's a round trip of 90 miles !
I have used it many times and it's well worth the money.

Post #408399 28th May 2021 3:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1