Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Post lockdown holiday anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Post lockdown holiday anyone?

So we can resume hotels, holiday parks and flights now but has anyone on here ventured anywhere yet? A short weekend break perhaps?

Me and SWMBO have booked 7 nights in the Scottish Highlands last week in October. We should by then have got through some of the initial groundwork at the new house so will be ready for a break.

Booked a platinum caravan with Loch views at Loch Linnhe Holiday Park just outside Fort William. Been 10 years since I was last up in the Highlands and I've found the location where the scene in Skyfall was filmed with the DB5 at the side of the river so definitely going to have a drive down there.

We've decided to split the journey by staying at a guesthouse in Carlisle on the Friday and then drive up to Fort William the following morning. Due to the ongoing coronavirus risk, the holiday park doesn't want the balance until 2 weeks before as opposed to 6 weeks in normal times. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #394437 19th Jul 2020 7:17 pm
TooBlue

United Kingdom 

I have a flight and hotel booked for August.

As long as no lockdowns here or destination country.

Post #394438 19th Jul 2020 7:24 pm
3landertwo

Doc, if you get the opportunity take the A830 West to Arisaig, it's beautiful. Very Happy
One road there ---------- same road back.

Post #394439 19th Jul 2020 7:29 pm
TooBlue

United Kingdom 
Re: Post lockdown holiday anyone?

The Doctor wrote:

Booked a platinum caravan with Loch views at Loch Linnhe Holiday Park just outside Fort William. Been 10 years since I was last up in the Highlands and I've found the location where the scene in Skyfall was filmed with the DB5 at the side of the river so definitely going to have a drive down there. .

That was filmed in Aldershot. Not Scotland.

Post #394441 19th Jul 2020 7:35 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

booked 19 days touring UK Very Happy Common sense isn't very common.

Post #394442 19th Jul 2020 7:38 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Had a trip booked to relatives in Switzerland late April - Significant Other is godmother to her niece and due there for her confirmation. That was all cancelled - Eurotunnel, accommodation to and from, and Airbnb.
Had a separate trip booked to Geneva for my 'biggish' birthday in June - flights and Airbnb all cancelled.
Nieces confirmation rescheduled for early September, everything rebooked so fingers crossed. Should be okay now France/UK restrictions all lifted

Post #394449 19th Jul 2020 9:48 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Since we are not allowed to put a foot in another State in Australia I might visit Tiboorburra in NSW & then drive another 140km to Camerons Corner, the junction between New South Wales, South Australia & Queensland, not putting a foot over the border! A 1321 km trip, & to break up the tediousness come back a different route within NSW. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #394450 19th Jul 2020 9:54 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Re: Post lockdown holiday anyone?

TooBlue wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Booked a platinum caravan with Loch views at Loch Linnhe Holiday Park just outside Fort William. Been 10 years since I was last up in the Highlands and I've found the location where the scene in Skyfall was filmed with the DB5 at the side of the river so definitely going to have a drive down there. .

That was filmed in Aldershot. Not Scotland.

I think you mean the scene with the actual house which was indeed a purpose built set in England. The particular scene on the remote road by the river with Bond and M talking was filmed by the river Etive on the Dalness estate. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #394451 19th Jul 2020 9:56 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

All our holidays this year were booked before lockdown. Already wifey has missed a week in Spain in June with her mates - rebooked from last year when that was cancelled due to storms and our anniversary break in Barcelona early July was cancelled too. I’ve got a motorcycling fly/ride to Spain booked with 4 mates in October, a family holiday to celebrate DIL's 30th birthday at Center Parcs in November and a group holiday with 10 of us in a house in the Peak District 28th Dec to 3rd Jan. Not expecting to go on any of 'em as I recon we'll be in another lockdown. Sad Might try for a last minute booking in Jersey late August/early September if we feel up to getting on a plane and there’s no restrictions in place but again, not holding out much hope. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #394454 19th Jul 2020 10:28 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

We have a week booked in our van on a site in St.Austel, in August. Fairly self contained so as low a risk as possible. The family have a joint booking for 4 cabins (lodges?) at Centre Parcs in the lakes for October, but it’s unlikely that Gill will be well enough to go - we can but hope Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #394455 19th Jul 2020 11:55 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
All our holidays this year were booked before lockdown. Already wifey has missed a week in Spain in June with her mates - rebooked from last year when that was cancelled due to storms and our anniversary break in Barcelona early July was cancelled too. I’ve got a motorcycling fly/ride to Spain booked with 4 mates in October, a family holiday to celebrate DIL's 30th birthday at Center Parcs in November and a group holiday with 10 of us in a house in the Peak District 28th Dec to 3rd Jan. Not expecting to go on any of 'em as I recon we'll be in another lockdown. Sad Might try for a last minute booking in Jersey late August/early September if we feel up to getting on a plane and there’s no restrictions in place but again, not holding out much hope.

Let me know if the Peak District one goes ahead. We may be able to find a convenient pub for a forum members pint Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #394456 20th Jul 2020 12:33 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Staycation for us at the moment so I will just go for a walk down the road

3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #394462 20th Jul 2020 9:26 am
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Just this minute back after driving from Cornwall to Edinburgh. Initially had flights but they were cancelled but the accommodation wasn't so we had to go or lose the money.

Brilliant time, FL2 didn't miss a beat over 1300 miles.

Bloody knackered tho - that's a long drive in one go. Learned to drive in 2011.
Bought a Micra - great little car
"Upgraded" to Kia Sportage - hated it
Proper upgrade to FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - tailgate paint issues, fuel gauge rewire, transfer box failure at 36k miles, clutch at 60k
Reconditioned diff at 70k ish
Sold at 84k and now on a DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because I’m mental

Post #394463 20th Jul 2020 9:30 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

1300 miles of driving across the country is tiring!
https://vimeo.com/364281135 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #394465 20th Jul 2020 10:23 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Staycation for us at the moment so I will just go for a walk down the road

Also here......why go anywhere else? Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #394468 20th Jul 2020 12:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>