« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Driving abroad
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Driving abroad

Thought to start this topic and see what not so known things are required while travelling throu different countries. First thought only about Europe Embarassed
If you are wearing glasses you are required to have a spare pair in Spain FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19412 6th May 2008 11:55 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

France no radar speed gun detectors allowed, The French police confiscate them and fine you. I think front fog lights are not allowed in France , If you car has them already thats ok but do not use them At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19418 6th May 2008 12:43 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

For most of Europe you also have to carry a set of spare lamps for all of your lights and a red hazard warning triangle How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19420 6th May 2008 1:00 pm
Matei

Tim in Scotland wrote:
For most of Europe you also have to carry a set of spare lamps for all of your lights and a red hazard warning triangle

The problem with lamps is that if, as I have Xenon to carry a spare is expensive. I have a standard lamp set from Land Rover (no dipped or non dipped) and hope that if pulled over will get away with these as they have the original logo.
Xenon are surely reliable as LR extends the warranty for 3 years FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19423 6th May 2008 1:18 pm
mjb

Germany 

And a First Aid kit. - Mike

Post #19424 6th May 2008 1:19 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

For Norway and I think Sweden:
Fluorescent yellow (or orange) coloured reflection vest: At least one for the driver (and I think one also for the passenger as well?), that must be carried in the front of the car and easily accessible in case of an accident. This/these has/have to be worn when you get out of the car in an emergency.

Cyclists are also advised to wear these when cycling on busy roads – Cheap to buy at filling stations & car accessory shops.

All cars must carry the red hazard warning triangle and all new cars are issued with a safty first kit Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #19427 6th May 2008 1:36 pm
Matei

mjb wrote:
And a First Aid kit.

As I'll be holidaying in Germany in June anything I'll have to be particuly carefull about. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19433 6th May 2008 3:30 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've got the triangle,first aid kit and bulb set. but the arrival of the new baby will end any hopes of a Euro road trip this year Crying or Very sad .
Maybe next year as the halftrack/tank owner has a gite in France that I can have free use of Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19434 6th May 2008 3:30 pm
Matei

chicken george wrote:
I've got the triangle,first aid kit and bulb set. but the arrival of the new baby will end any hopes of a Euro road trip this year Crying or Very sad .
Maybe next year as the halftrack/tank owner has a gite in France that I can have free use of Thumbs Up

ISOFIX baby car seat will be just the beginning. Life will never be the same and you won't be able to consider how it was without. Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19437 6th May 2008 3:37 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Matei, the LR Xenons are guaranteed for 10,000 times switching on,or ten years - cannot remember which now. I had a lamp go on my FFRR and the dealer replaced under warranty and told me that it would be sent back to LR as they would then claim off the makers. The car was only 2 years old How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #19440 6th May 2008 3:49 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Remember to pack your snow chains if you are going to Austria and some parts of south Germany................. with all this global warming caused directly by Land Rover owners driving their cars you may just need them in midsummer Rolling with laughter How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #19441 6th May 2008 3:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

When in France and in the outside/fast lane you must keep your indicator on to show people your overtaking

It's what the people a porsche was doing to me in the when i was there a couple of years ago Rolling Eyes

I thought doing 135mph was fast enough (read my car would go any faster Crying or Very sad )and stayed there until it was clear to pull back in without having to slow down, and he still went past me like i was stood still Very Happy

I always wanted a Carrera 4s since then Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19443 6th May 2008 4:06 pm
Matei

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Remember to pack your snow chains if you are going to Austria and some parts of south Germany................. with all this global warming caused directly by Land Rover owners driving their cars you may just need them in midsummer Rolling with laughter

As things go more like sand driving lessons from Gambba than snow chains. Thought if they come with his petrol prices Question FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19444 6th May 2008 4:14 pm
Matei

npinks wrote:
When in France and in the outside/fast lane you must keep your indicator on to show people your overtaking

It's what the people a porsche was doing to me in the when i was there a couple of years ago Rolling Eyes

I thought doing 135mph was fast enough (read my car would go any faster Crying or Very sad )and stayed there until it was clear to pull back in without having to slow down, and he still went past me like i was stood still Very Happy

I always wanted a Carrera 4s since then Cool

What were you driving ? Chipped LR?
Guess fuel was way cheaper.
ost I went was 180 Km/hour in Germany in a Peugeot 407 and that was while my radar device (wife) was sleeping. I am only allowed speads up to 130/140 Km /hours. Wish my car had a milles based speadometer.
Am happy thought Rolling Eyes saving fuel help against global warming FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19446 6th May 2008 4:24 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Remember to pack your snow chains if you are going to Austria and some parts of south Germany................. with all this global warming caused directly by Land Rover owners driving their cars you may just need them in midsummer Rolling with laughter
Click image to enlarge

You might need more than snow chains if you visit Norway Shocked
6 meters of snow in April near my mountain playground Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #19454 6th May 2008 6:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>