Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Fitting better front seats to HSE Lux?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I have manual seats, we slide them forward & wind them forward so there is enough room to sleep.

I never found the Freelander's seats as comfortable as our 1996 Seat Ibiza, even though it was a tiny car the seats were somehow bigger, & before that my Peugeot 504 had better seats than the Ibiza.

The Freelander's seats aren't bad but the seat base is a bit short front to back. I can't quite place what it is but I can get a touch fidgety in the seat.

People we have given rides to all say how comfortable the Freelander is, we shove them in the front!

I have never tried these cushions, but maybe something like this may help if you can test them locally. https://www.airhawk.com.au Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #387288 29th Feb 2020 1:04 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Thanks, it’s the “wind them forward” bit I need advice on, mine only go very slightly forward of the vertical. Confused 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #387294 29th Feb 2020 2:23 pm
MacSweep

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

Thanks all you guys. Thanks for the link Lightwater. I agree, the FL2 overall comfort is very good. It’s just as you say Lightwater, that the seats are smaller than in smaller cars like the seat you mentioned. Seats in the little 3 door Vauxhall Corsa are deeper. Will do Dave 47.

Post #387339 1st Mar 2020 8:08 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Evoque seats into a FL2 have been done by a couple of people on here before

Post #387403 2nd Mar 2020 8:25 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Worms wrote:
Meanwhile back off-topic... I suspect there are a variety of seat-types out there and they may vary in their support and comfort. I think it was Lightwater who recently posted photos showing the front seats folded forward - I can’t find any way of doing this on mine, so any tips on where the adjustment is on yours would be welcome. Folding the passenger seat forward would make it possible to carry longer items that I just can’t get in to the vehicle at present.

Compared with estate/large hatch cars I have run in the past the FL2 has a disappointing short load bay with either the seats up or down. I would be nice if there was a retrospectively fitted modified hinge available to allow the front passengers seatback to lay flat. On the positive side the rear load area has a nice strong flat deck when compared against other modern cars.

I find the front car seats and driving position very comfortable, although some time when sitting for prolonged times (say 2hrs)
I find that slightly changing the seatback angle temporarily seems to relieve any back ache from developing. Also the use of Cruise Control allows me to change my leg/foot position as I find that more of a problem nowadays. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #387409 2nd Mar 2020 10:14 am
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
Seat comfort

Forget the Discovery Sport standard seats.
They are even less comfortable, it's one of the reasons I've just recently swapped it.
Two hours driving and no middle back support = crippling back ache. The HSE got the lumbar support option so it may be different.

Bought a Type R and they are a different league of seat.

Post #388034 12th Mar 2020 8:07 am
Largered

IanMetro wrote - Compared with estate/large hatch cars I have run in the past the FL2 has a disappointing short load bay with either the seats up or down. I would be nice if there was a retrospectively fitted modified hinge available to allow the front passengers seatback to lay flat. On the positive side the rear load area has a nice strong flat deck when compared against other modern cars.

Remember, lightwater and his wife sleep in the rear extended loadspace area with the rear seats down.

Click image to enlarge

The FL1 boot was even smaller.

Post #388035 12th Mar 2020 9:01 am
GSKM

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

I found the seat bases a bit flat and short. I could alter the height but not the base angle. The most comfortable car seats I’ve had were in a 2003 Volvo V40 sport. The base would extend under the thigh, it had good side bolsters on the base and side and the base would also alter for height front and rear independently so I could drop the rear and raise the front to give support under the legs. I can’t remember if it had adjustable lumbar support, but as it had everything else I would think so.

Volvo were part of Ford Premier Group along with LandRover at the time, so a seat from this may fit. I believe both the V40 and Freelander were both based on a focus floor plan.

Post #388072 12th Mar 2020 5:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12