Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Latest series Top Gear.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 
Latest series Top Gear.

Anyone enjoying the latest series? I am. First two programmes have been very entertaining. That Freddy Flintoff car bungee stunt Shocked Shocked Shocked He must be bloody mad but he is very funny and naturally entertaining. They all seem to get on well too. Series is looking good again. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #386470 14th Feb 2020 4:04 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I have to agree, the three of them work well together. The show is still tired, but still enjoyable. Learned to drive in 2011.
Bought a Micra - great little car
"Upgraded" to Kia Sportage - hated it
Proper upgrade to FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - tailgate paint issues, fuel gauge rewire, transfer box failure at 36k miles, clutch at 60k
Reconditioned diff at 70k ish
Sold at 84k and now on a DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because I’m mental

Post #386471 14th Feb 2020 4:07 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Even Fearless Freddie was bricking it with that car bungee thing. Totally bonkers Shocked Shocked

Post #386474 14th Feb 2020 4:35 pm
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Freddie is a bona fide Legend Thumbs Up 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #386480 14th Feb 2020 5:29 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

I have to disagree. Ive been off Top Gear since Clarkson and co left and have to admit that the stupid pranks and pointless car demolishing was getting tiresome even then.
Chris Evans, Matt le Blanc and now Flintoff and co are doing nothing to endear me back to the program. Im a car enthusiast and love car programs but this has just gone beyond stupid.
What we need is a sensible motoring program like Top Gear used to be, informed intelligent people reviewing cars that most of us can afford and dealing with issues that matter to 99% of the motoring public. But thats not sensational or entertaining enough for what the BBC want to sell world wide so it will hardly happen. Im afaraid I get my car fix on Youtube these days. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #386490 14th Feb 2020 6:45 pm
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

I also have never watched it since Clarkson left, even then, I felt many times it had little to do with any car I could ever be interested in, but it was entertaining. . .

TV needs a good car show and it has not got one. However I do like the TV show on Yesterday channel called Bangers and Cash, features lots of old cars from my young days up for auction etc

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/bangers-and-cash/ 2017 SEAT Ateca 4drive 2.0 xcellence (May 2022 -
2007 HSE with HST bodykit in Zermatt Silver 169,700 miles (dec 2016 - May 2022 )
2007 Honda Civic Type S GT (2012-2017)
2002 Mini Cooper S (2008-2012)
1992 Honda Legend 3.2i (2003-2008)
1990 Honda Concerto (1999-2003)
1985 Honda Accord (1997-1999)
1983 Honda Accord (1993-1997)
1983 Mini Mayfair (1988-1993)
1974 Mini 1000 (1979-1986)

Post #386495 14th Feb 2020 7:27 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I went off Top Gear when the three stooges got very much too full of themselves, which was probably more than 5 years ago or more.
This new bunch are a refreshing and entertaining mix that works really well and I once more back to waiting for the next program, that hasn’t happened for even longer than 5 years!

I am back to actually laughing rather than shouting at their stupid antics. Thumbs Up Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #386497 14th Feb 2020 7:31 pm
Boxbrownie

Bobupndown wrote:

What we need is a sensible motoring program like Top Gear used to be, informed intelligent people reviewing cars that most of us can afford and dealing with issues that matter to 99% of the motoring public. But thats not sensational or entertaining enough for what the BBC want to sell world wide so it will hardly happen. Im afaraid I get my car fix on Youtube these days.

Careful your beginning to sound old and grumpy.....this is what you need Rolling with laughter

Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #386498 14th Feb 2020 7:41 pm
Boxbrownie

snappa wrote:
Even Fearless Freddie was bricking it with that car bungee thing. Totally bonkers Shocked Shocked

What worries me is I think the BBC are just seeing how far they can go before they break him Shocked Regards

David

Post #386500 14th Feb 2020 7:49 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Quote:
I also have never watched it since Clarkson left, even then, I felt many times it had little to do with any car I could ever be interested in, but it was entertaining. . .

TV needs a good car show and it has not got one. However I do like the TV show on Yesterday channel called Bangers and Cash, features lots of old cars from my young days up for auction etc

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/bangers-and-cash/

Totally agree, a great program.

Quote:
Bobupndown wrote:

What we need is a sensible motoring program like Top Gear used to be, informed intelligent people reviewing cars that most of us can afford and dealing with issues that matter to 99% of the motoring public. But thats not sensational or entertaining enough for what the BBC want to sell world wide so it will hardly happen. Im afaraid I get my car fix on Youtube these days.

Careful your beginning to sound old and grumpy.....this is what you need Rolling with laughter

That is exactly what we need, programs like William Woolard, Tony Mason, Quentin Wilson and co used to make not the Censored so called entertainment that producers think we want now!

Im middle aged and grumpy! Rolling with laughter Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #386504 14th Feb 2020 7:59 pm
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I will say it again Freddie is a Legend...2005 anyone? 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #386508 14th Feb 2020 8:25 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Absolute rubbish, more like a kid's entertainment program than for anyone interested in cars.

Iain

Post #386671 17th Feb 2020 7:11 pm
Largered

Try watching motoring programs on DMAX [on FreeView] or catch-up on dplay.

Post #386672 17th Feb 2020 7:37 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

^^^^ Most of those progs follow the same format - car comes into garage, one team member says it’s scrap, argument about what to do with it, will we be able to get the parts for it, this is the last windscreen/bonnet etc left in the UK, running out of time, can we sell it for a profit etc etc.

Still entertaining though. Laughing

Post #386677 17th Feb 2020 8:25 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Car SOS. What a load of Censored !!
Fuzz Townsend's ok, but that Tw4t Tim Shaw needs garrotting. Same old Censored , take someone's car without them knowing (owner must have a sob story as to why they haven't fixed the car, illness, bereavement , no clue how to restore a car etc). Then Fuzz will fix up their absolute rot box while Tim loons around pretending to trick someone in to giving parts away until finally the car is finished and they get Tim to wear a false moustache and pretend to be someone making a documentary/be a museum curator etc, whilst getting the unsuspecting owner to a venue under the guise of telling them a load of BS as to why they should be there, before revealing the showroom like car to the owner who 9 times out of ten just takes it in their stride as if they knew all along their pride and joy was being completely rebuilt.
The early programmes were even worse. Remember one (can't remember exactly which episode ) where the finished car looked mint until it had it's bonnet opened to reveal a very rusty engine bay !
"I bought it to restore 30 years ago, but my back went in a sexual related incident 2 years ago, so I couldn't finish it - or the car." Yep, they had the car for donkey's years before their accident or whatever, did Censored all to it, but for some reason now they're incapacitated, it's imperative that pile of rust now gets restored.
Hey, Car SOS, I've just lost my job. Come and take my Freelander 2 and do all the things to it I always wanted to , but lacked the time, money or motivation to sort it myself before I lost my job. I swear I'll make out I knew nothing about it.

Post #386686 17th Feb 2020 10:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>