Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Pirelli AT+ .... Lightwater?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand
Pirelli AT+ .... Lightwater?

Hi guys - how are Pirelli Scorpion AT+ for offroad work?

I'm running ATR at the moment, looking for a bit more offroad oriented hoops - sandstone, red dirt, gravel, nasty gibbers. Not so much beach work (hate that salt stuff). We must get out of lockdown some day.

There's a set on eBay Oz at the moment - they're a bit old (early 2018) so a deal could be done, possibly.

235/65/17.

Lightwater, I think you have these on your i6?

Cheers all MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #412254 14th Sep 2021 8:37 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

AT+ replaced the ATR , I ran the AT+ ( replacing ATR ) for the last 12 months before I sold the Fl2 . I used them on a weekly basis helping on my neighbours farm and for gamekeeper duty on our shoot . They were great off road , obviously can’t speak for sand , but for grass , mud , ploughed dirt , tractor ruts , stubble , stone tracks they were faultless . They have a nice big rim protector bead . They are also extremely quiet on the road . Buy with confidence. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #412255 14th Sep 2021 8:59 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

120 hectares my lockdown suburb, can walk every street in a day.

We like to walk on beaches & quite happy not to have salt on the car. It is the Si4 with 18" rims.

The Pirelli AT plus have been good. But then I haven't really worked them hard. The top 120km of the Oodnadatta Track was slow going dancing around the stones. If you have a LandCruiser you can fly past at 110kph, but then I passed them later at 40kph as they were replacing a flat tyre!

The amount of milage they have done so far, I don't think they are the longest lasting tread, but even our sealed roads have pretty course surfaces & chew rubber.

If you can get them at the right price, why not. At least you have some 17" rims, then next time stick on some 245/70R17 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #412264 14th Sep 2021 12:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1