Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Which Battery?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Lakelander

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

You should be able to get it replaced under guarantee? FL2 SD4 XS 2013 Orkney Grey

Post #403581 2nd Feb 2021 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dartman the one

England 

It is winter and short runs hammer batteries, suggest an overnight charge or get it checked using a heavy discharge meter. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #403584 2nd Feb 2021 4:17 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Getting it checked is a good plan - the car doesn’t ordinarily do short runs - we have a little i10 for that stuff but it doesn’t fare well on the hill if it is icy or snow covered.

Can’t think of any reasonable excuse for giving it a good run out - last used a week or so back, about 20 miles round trip to take 'er indoors to CV19 test centre on a fine bright day with no warnings or issues. Today, started up with battery warning, probably about the same distance with as little electrical load as poss. Finished with battery warning.

Hey ho... never needed to charge a car battery before as they have always given me years of reliable service. A toss up between a decent charger or new battery then. I favour the new battery but can chargers be plugged into 13 pin towing socket?

Post #403593 2nd Feb 2021 6:55 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Not normally as most supplies go through relays which aren't energised, the rest are lights.though it is possible that the 12v non fridge supply could be there, depends on how the FL2 treats that supply when the vehicle is de-powered, my Hyundia could but it wasn't CanBus. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #403597 2nd Feb 2021 8:01 pm
ReggiePerrin

Thanks... Thumbs Up

Post #403598 2nd Feb 2021 8:17 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

ReggiePerrin wrote:
Even making allowance for reduced usage of the car I wouldn’t expect to be getting the low battery

It doesn't take much to get a low battery. We have hardly being using our car & noticed the low battery message. Middle of last year starting putting on the charger every few weeks. We can easily go 2 or 3 weeks time after time not using the car. Then according to Bluetooth data it typically starts charging at about 7amps & somerimes the full 10amps. When we do drive it has been a short trip which doesn't help. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #403599 2nd Feb 2021 8:26 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Replaced mine a few weeks ago, Yuasa HSB110 from Halfords. Had the car just over three years and never previously replaced the battery which had LR stamp on it so may have been in there a while. Thought best to do now just in case weather turns bad; car lives outside 24/7, only local journeys into work, no running out now on my days off Sad

Post #403602 2nd Feb 2021 9:26 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Like Sid I had Halfords fit a new battery after i started getting error messages. £132 fitted and a 5 year guarantee. As mentioned on another battery thread I could no doubt have got it cheaper but it would have meant a lot of frigging about trying to fit it which I wasn't prepared to do. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #403618 3rd Feb 2021 9:46 am
riverblanche

England 

ReggiePerrin wrote:
can chargers be plugged into 13 pin towing socket?

YES.

I have charged all our cars via the tow socket and Martin even sells the leads (for a CTek) in the SHOP ^

most have been via the twin 7 pins and its the S socket but also tried it in our latest car and thats a 13 pin

There will be a fuse in the supply from the car but I also have an InLine fuse on my charger line

Just had another thought, its one of the best places to check the Sleeping voltage of your car for a good indication of battery condition

I use a Lidl smart charger on AGM/winter setting if one of the cars is going to be left a while Question

Thumbs Up .
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #403623 3rd Feb 2021 12:22 pm
Sidthecat

tenet wrote:
Like Sid I had Halfords fit a new battery after i started getting error messages. £132 fitted and a 5 year guarantee. As mentioned on another battery thread I could no doubt have got it cheaper but it would have meant a lot of frigging about trying to fit it which I wasn't prepared to do.

That's the reason I went to Halfords - guy was here about 15 minutes on a bloody cold Saturday morning, whilst I stayed indoors in the warm with a cuppa. Well worth £15

Post #403640 3rd Feb 2021 4:41 pm
Grimdog

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Barolo Black

At £15 for 15 min work....that's a yearly salary of just over £109k, on a 35hr week.....yes please😆😆😆

Post #403657 3rd Feb 2021 11:25 pm
Sidthecat

Halfords man in the wrong job as well . . . . . £109k is about a third of what Lionel Messi is getting daily on his new contract.

Post #403660 3rd Feb 2021 11:46 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Grimdog wrote:
At £15 for 15 min work....that's a yearly salary of just over £109k, on a 35hr week.....yes please😆😆😆

Is Wakefield in Yorkshire perchance. Laughing MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #403664 4th Feb 2021 9:00 am
ReggiePerrin

riverblanche wrote:
ReggiePerrin wrote:
can chargers be plugged into 13 pin towing socket?

YES.

I have charged all our cars via the tow socket and Martin even sells the leads (for a CTek) in the SHOP ^

most have been via the twin 7 pins and its the S socket but also tried it in our latest car and thats a 13 pin

There will be a fuse in the supply from the car but I also have an InLine fuse on my charger line

Just had another thought, its one of the best places to check the Sleeping voltage of your car for a good indication of battery condition

I use a Lidl smart charger on AGM/winter setting if one of the cars is going to be left a while Question

Thumbs Up

Thanks for advice. I have ordered:

a 13 pin CTEK adaptor with Comfort Indicator from the 'SHOP'
    CTEK MSX 5.0 charger from Tayna Batteries and a
    CTEK extension cable & silicon bumper case from Amazon.

A little more expensive than a replacement battery but it'll look after the caravan leisure battery too.

Post #403766 5th Feb 2021 11:45 pm
mjom89

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Changed my battery today got a varta F18. I plugged the IID in afterwards to do a BMS reset but I couldn’t see the option to do it. Is it a requirement on a freelander?

My IID is only activated on my Disco so perhaps that is the issue. It still reads and clears faults on the freelander which is why I haven’t bought the activation for it so far.

Post #404038 13th Feb 2021 8:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>