Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Harry's Garage. ACF-50
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

There used to be a guy who offered ACF “bagging “ for motorcycles . He masked off the discs and callipers , screen and mirrors , took off the seat then put the bike in a big plastic bag , and used a spray gun to fill it with atomised ACF 50.

ACF 50 is available in non aerosol bottles for brushing or spraying . They also do a “ corrosion block” grease . I’ve been using that for years on everything . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #383990 6th Jan 2020 8:59 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

All Year Biker ?

https://allyearbiker.co.uk/ 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #384037 7th Jan 2020 1:11 pm
MartynB

Sold the Mille Factory two years ago . It was stunning , tooth brush level cleaning after every ride . Brilliant bike and stupid fast. But at 62 I wanted to see the rest of my retirement and the days have gone when a traffic Bobby would stop you , tell you to behave , then discuss the bike and wave you on your way . Now it’s camera vans with rear plate reading CCTV hidden that can ping you from a mile . To be honest every time I took the thing out I broke the speed limit somewhere .

I think I should have had shares in ACF 50 ! Used cans of the stuff .

I loved that bike I even had the heel plates re-anodised when they had rub marks , and every cad or zinc fastener possible was replaced with stainless . Favourite outing would be , leave home at 6 am , Over the N .Yorks Moors to Whitby , bacon butty , buy some crabs, head home . Did that in the car a month or two back and the cameras were out in all the places that motorcyclists might show a bit of enthusiasm .
[img]

I still use ACF 50 on everything from fly reels to Tools , chainsaw engines , to under the bonnet , brilliant stuff
[/img] 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

Post #384039 7th Jan 2020 1:39 pm
CT1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Cool Bike

This is what I want to protect

Lots of plastic to damage.

Post #384065 7th Jan 2020 7:10 pm
MartynB

Mint ! I’d want to keep that pristine too ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #384071 7th Jan 2020 8:55 pm
CT1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

I've ordered a garden pressure spray with lance so I can get in all the awkward places Thumbs Up Should help to keep it minty fresh.

Post #384261 11th Jan 2020 10:26 am
John 55

United Kingdom 

Karscher hand held Steam cleaner is good for engine bays ... not too much water spraying about on the electrics ... you can get cheaper ones ...👍

Post #385555 31st Jan 2020 1:16 am
OLOSTEVE

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

CT1 wrote:
I've ordered a garden pressure spray with lance so I can get in all the awkward places Thumbs Up Should help to keep it minty fresh.

Two years ago I found a 2009 Freelander HSE on, Autotrader, being sold by a dealer in, Bedford. After test drive and a good look round the car I put a £500 deposit on the said vehicle.
During the inspection with my head under the bonnet, the dealer informed me that he never had under bonnets cleaned. I told him I did not need the car to be cleaned as I like to do that myself.
As I departing a Bloke turned up from Northampton, hoping to buy the car I had just bought.
Three days before I was due to pick up the, Freelander, I had a call from the Dealer saying they were unable to start the car, as it had been valeted and the engine bay had been steam cleaned, against his instruction. I told the Dealer that I still wanted the car. The following day the Dealer was insistent, told me they still couldn't start the car and returned my £500.
In my time I have bought nearly 100 odd cars, I know when a car has been, "Under Sold", and the reason I did not haggle the asking price down. The question here has to be, was the Dealer honest about the, non starting, or did he have a, "Light Bulb", moment when he realised he'd under sold?

Post #385594 31st Jan 2020 5:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12