« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > dash cam front and rear install guide
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nicke20

United Kingdom 
dash cam front and rear install guide

after asking a few questions and hunting down a few videos I installed my dash cam, front and rear, with no wires realy vissible Im happy with the job.

I started withe the rear camera popping the acces panel in the midle of the boot lid to reveal the two flexi hoses from roof to boot. I pulled the left one and ran a long cable tie with no end on through it, then taped the cable to the tie and pulled it through

with the boot seal pulled away the cable sits just inside the lining untill you reach theis point and it tucks under the trim heading towards the window at the back

keep tucking between roof lining and the seal and pass the B pillar

upon reaching the A pillar i started the can install using a brilliant video guide found here

the door seal comes off and a trin piece next to the airbag on off swith just pops of. at this point i removed the glove box and accessed the fuse box, fuse 52 was chosen, switched 20 amp feed to front ciggarette lighter and a piggy back conector used

the cam was placed and the power cable and rear cam cable ran accross the top of the screen to the A pillar, just inside the airbag trin at the top and then down the gap between door and air bag, (door seal removed)
all excess wiring and transformer from hardwire kit fitted behind the trim pannel by the airbag switch

the camera was placed on the passenger side of the mirror so as not to be a distraction

and the only vissible wire is where the cable comes out from under the trim on the back window, to the camera

not been out to test it as im hung over from last night Sad I will upload some footage when i have some, the rear is looking through factory privacy glass so that should be testing at night
the camera is a nextbase 522gw, it wifi and bluetooth connects to the phone and runs alexa as a voice control, so as your driving you can tell it to take a picture or send video to you phone, no hand required!

Hope this helps

Post #383580 1st Jan 2020 6:08 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Thanks for installation information, I wish that was available when I fitted my double camera system.

I have been using the earlier Nextbase 512GW for a while now.

As I was an 'early adopter' I had a long delay while they tried to get the rear camera to work in their combined system.
Thus, although the pictures are excellent, the software on my version is very clunky, and needs reloads every now and again.

Your 522 seems to be a different animal as they seem to have overcome the problems. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #383588 1st Jan 2020 8:50 pm
Largered

Like the red frogeye ......... tell us more.

Post #383589 1st Jan 2020 9:02 pm
nicke20

United Kingdom 

well spotted Largered
ive had the Frog for 35 years, ive rolled it at 70mph with no cage or screen (it hurt!) and had it as my only car for ten years. it has been round europe and was parked next to a very nice ferrari f40 at the milan gp, on returning there was a good sized crowd, i thought looking at the f40 but no the italians where all over the frog. its now in its development mode of life. coil over rear conversion, time to get rid of the 1330 webbered big valved a series and either go k series or ford power. in general as with most things life and kids and work gets in the way. I built the garage just for the frog, one day it will live again!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #383612 2nd Jan 2020 10:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1