« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > visual parking aid app
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rhys_m

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
visual parking aid app

Not been on here a while as I have been doing quite a bit of can bus stuff to the jag, however thats gotten to a decent point now, so began on the freelander again.

just a bit of info for those that may not of seen the original post, but I have a raspberry pi and touchscreen running inplace of the factory sat nav. And then open auto pro loaded onto the pi, this then gives you the proper android auto experience.

First thing I am looking to tackle is to get a visual parking aid app created. In the jag I have an app that has allowed me to replace the climate controls with a touch screen, and then moving the old physical controls to the app and sending the messages over can bus. For the freelander due to the lovely amount of space and the basicness of the sat nav this isnt needed, so in theory this app should be much more simple as its only reading from the can.

So I have figured out the can id (188) and also I believe which byte relates to which corner, and then today got the first test done with the app just running in a web browser. Sorry for the lack of light in the video Smile but its almost there in terms of functionality, I need to stabilize the readings abit (or this may be due to me using my legs to set off the sensors) and I need to do some work on the visuals.

the way the app will work is similar to how it works on my jag, so if you go in reverse the sensors come on, but the pi will display the reversing camera, if you disable to camera, or put (or have) the sensors on when not in reverse then it will show the app instead, the switching will be all automatic using existing can bus messages.

For those interested, this is the latest video of the jag so you have some idea of how it all works, also have a couple of tutorials on my channel and here www.moderndaymods.com its all open source and the parking app can be found here, its needs updating, but will keep it going through development https://github.com/rhysmorgan134/freelander2-PDC .

(the colours are off in this video, its not purple Laughing )

Post #383283 26th Dec 2019 9:41 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Install surrounding cameras as Sturtc has done, or it would be more fun to get parking lessons in an Italian village. They can park blind folded with both arms tied behind their back! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #383285 26th Dec 2019 9:59 pm
rhys_m

ha, I have seen some of stuartc's stuff very impressive, however this is a 57 plate so a bit too old for all of that. Also got tons more planned to add between this and the jag.

I drove for work once in italy, lets just say I got to know a good few kerbs over there Smile

Post #383286 26th Dec 2019 10:08 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

The surround camera control module is relatively dumb, some basic can signals to turn it on, select channels, turn features on/off, then everything comes back to the head unit in one video feed.

Shouldn't be much of a challenge for you Rhys!

Post #383298 27th Dec 2019 9:23 am
rhys_m

maybe something to look into, would love to be able to tap into the oem video feeds, something I don't think would be too tricky, looks like some type of coax.

On a similar note, I recently got an oem style dash cam for the jag, front and rear cameras, I've managed to get the video feed direct from both cameras and can switch what cam I want to see/overlay each other. I'm going to integrate these into the jag app I've already got running, so perhaps could give something ago with those.

Post #383302 27th Dec 2019 11:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1