Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sticky clutch pedal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Billhook

Sticky clutch pedal

My 60 plate GS had a new clutch fitted in may, in november after starting up and engaging reverse the clutch pedal remained depressed. I was able to get my foot under the edge and pull it back up.

I returned the vehicle to the garage who had fitted the clutch, they bled the clutch and all seemed ok.

Next morning the same 'sticky pedal' thing occured, so after another visit to the garage the mechanic replaced an o ring on one of the hydraulic? pipes. I asked the mechanic if this would cure the problem he said it may go again and was just wear and tear.

Anyway, every morning I now pump the pedal prior to depressing it in order to start the vehicle the pedal stays depressed so requires manually lifting.

It appears to happen once if vehicle is reversed and usually twice if first gear is engeged.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced anything similar or have any idea what the cause might be.

I have lubricated the area around the pedal bar in the footwell which has made no difference at all (longshot). Confused

Post #382996 21st Dec 2019 1:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1