« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 .1 V FL2 2012 > on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mrsimon4x4

FL2 .1 V FL2 2012 > on

Hi
I've been checking out the two versions, although I know there was a small change around 2009 too. Both versions look OK, but the 2012 onwards just look so much more modern inside, especially the graphics in the cockpit and the terrain response is the same style as my Evoque 2018. Looks like it also gets better steering wheel controls, voice control, etc.

I'm afraid the older car might annoy me a bit, even though I might be saving 3-4,000€. depending on mileage.

Were any of the major faults ironed out, and are parts upgraded to make it a worthwhile spend? , e.g. better command shift, better terrain response, more economical TD4 auto, etc?

Thanks! Thumbs Up

Post #382459 9th Dec 2019 8:16 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

the major interior differences on the MY13 (late 2012 onwards) are the dash and technology (Bluetooth streaming being one) and the TR going from dial to buttons.
on the exterior the rear lights changed to LED rings and the headlights changed to have DRL and also signature strip on HSE and higher..... BUT.... they also changed to a single bulb unit for main & dipped and the halogen are shockingly bad. Xenon which were standard on HSE Lux and Metropolis are the best by far.
mechanically they had the latest Haldex and the possibility of uprated diff bearings to finally fix the rear diff failures but I don't think that's 100% confirmed

Post #382473 10th Dec 2019 10:18 am
mrsimon4x4

interesting. anyone else?

Post #382513 10th Dec 2019 11:54 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

We have had a number of FL2s in the family and the 14 reg one is by far the best. The only fault so far has been in a door lock. Now covered 51k miles. I suspect that there were some changes made in the later model's suspension (Evoque?) as it does feel different to drive than our earlier versions. The electronic parking brake is very effective but the car does seem to get through rear pads quickly. I am still on my original front pads but second set of rears. I find the halogen lights OK incidentally. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #382515 11th Dec 2019 12:58 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1