Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > P0336 Crankshaft position sensor circuit A (Solved)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
casper

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
P0336 Crankshaft position sensor circuit A (Solved)

just had my dreaded 150k service and used a landrover dealer thinking all should be ok Smile all be it the extortionate labour rates Big Cry

Next day late am driving back a mediocre golf round I get the forced braking in second gear picked up a bit in third then died completely.
Would not restart and fire did all the usual reset the battery tried the lot eventually got the wifey to pick me up and take me back home and drop me back to the car armed with with the trusty GAP IID reader and got the P0336 Crankshaft position sensor circuit A error code and eventually gave up as busy road with no where to safely work on it and the car was dead from trying to start repeatedly.
So called out the AA who tried all the same including jumps start and put his reader on and got P0336 Crankshaft position sensor circuit A.
Got it recovered back to the Landrover dealer to sort out and at this point I was getting suspicious as that sensor comes off when you change the cam belt. Censored

Next second day spoke to the workshop manager as they sat on it the first day getting through there normal schedule so was getting a bit miffed Evil or Very Mad and mentioned it was a bit of a coincidence and could they get on it.

So today they got to it and found the mechanic who changed the belt, pulleys and waterpump had put the Crankshaft position sensor back incorrectly (the position is critical) when he fitted the belt change kit Whistle also the AA guy had knocked the software out of one of the the ECU ' which had to be put back as sat NAV and heater blower had stopped working once they got the battery charged. All together an almighty cock up Rolling with laughter

All sorted now and the Landrover dealer did admit mistake, no charge of course and profuse apologies and to make up did offer next family restaurant bill on Landrover so, I will be making the most of that one with 4 course meal, champange, wine, shorts etc Rolling with laughter FL2 2008 150K
Owned From new - sad but just can't part with it
Upgraded LED Hal Front and Rear LED lights
Rear spoiler, facelift Tailgate handle, total surround sound
Steel boot and door treadplates
Upgraded dolby surround sound
chrome fog bezels

Post #382164 3rd Dec 2019 4:18 pm
itsaguything

Canada 2013 LR2 2.0T HSE Auto Firenze Red

You have a good dealer. Guy Pensa
Cars with Personalities
Getting itchy. What's next?
2014 Land Rover HSE Lux (blend of practicality and aggressiveness)
2007 XKR (Jaguar Racing Green) (woo hoo!)
2004 XJR (Jaguar Racing Green) (deceased)
2002 S-Type R (British Racing Green, of course)
1951 Riley RMD (Black, time for that restoration)

Post #382225 4th Dec 2019 3:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1