« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Haldex Wiring Loom Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PMG

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Haldex Wiring Loom Fault

Evening all. After a few days of driving with "gearbox, HDC and stability" fault messages, and a few nights searching for possible causes on this fountain of knowledge (respect to aesmith for the repair with pics in very tight surroundings Bow down ), I crawled underneath tonight. Sure enough the non-protected cables above the sub-frame have chafed and the thicker white/blue stripe cable is cut through. There's no way I can get decent enough access to the damaged area to make a repair.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a "how to", preferably running a new cable from boot area to Haldex connector, or a good auto electrician in Glasgow or Stirling area, with knowledge of these cars & issues?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Post #378285 13th Sep 2019 7:40 pm
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I have had to lower the rear subframe down previously to gain enough access to the wiring

Some you manage, some you can't. Just need to make room to get in and repair Laughing

Post #378290 14th Sep 2019 6:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mikey

Post #378291 14th Sep 2019 6:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PMG

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mikey, I've nowhere near the amount of access shown in your pics, I can just manage to touch the damage but not "get at" it.
I'll check the manual to see what's involved in dropping subframe, although was wondering if I could locate cable in boot, splice in and run new cable to Haldex connector.
Out of interest, are you "Discomikey" from Disco3, same helpful posts and same location?

Cheers.

Post #378303 14th Sep 2019 12:53 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

The haldex uses Fuse FB6 I believe in the boot fuse box. Perhaps you could trace the wiring from there to wherever it goes through the floor to see where the cable runs to/from. Sorry I cant help more as I now have a DS so can`t check underneath for you. Mikey runs a garage in Dundee so could perhaps do the work for you or there is GEM near Falkirk who has done work on a friends Disco and he seemed happy enough with the work done. Mikey did some reprogramming for me when I upgraded my Freelander headlights and I was more than happy with the price and the work done. Whatever you end up doing good luck! Thumbs Up

Post #378304 14th Sep 2019 1:35 pm
Mikey

PMG wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply Mikey, I've nowhere near the amount of access shown in your pics, I can just manage to touch the damage but not "get at" it.
I'll check the manual to see what's involved in dropping subframe, although was wondering if I could locate cable in boot, splice in and run new cable to Haldex connector.
Out of interest, are you "Discomikey" from Disco3, same helpful posts and same location?

Cheers.

The very one Thumbs Up

In those pictures, I had to drop the subframe to gain access do the wiring. No chance I could do it in situ. But then, other cars are fine Thumbs Up

Post #378306 14th Sep 2019 2:22 pm
PMG

Thanks Dondiddy, think I'll give in on this one and let the experienced guys do their stuff.

Mikey, I'll send you a pm to see if we can work something out?

Thanks again, appreciate the assistance Thumbs Up

Post #378333 15th Sep 2019 10:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1