Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Retrofit and CCF editing. Beginner ahead ;)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
seros

Retrofit and CCF editing. Beginner ahead ;)

Hi All,

First of all, wanted to thank to all those that take time to publish their findings with the retrofit proyects and CCF editing

Since I bought my car, I have always been interested on this, but due to various resons I left it aside.

Now I have discovered this forum and have readen almost every topic related with retrofiting and CCF edition, and is simply awesome how far you have come. I cant wait to begin Wink

I own an 2015 Evoque 2.2 4x2 and have bought a mangoose cable to connect it with the SSD. I have been able ( after several request to dowloand files fron the net by the SSD ) to acces the CCF menu. I can edit the options although never save the changes, as I am afraid of causing a brick.
The main reason why I am afraid is that some of the modules do not answer, as you casn see in the image bellow. If this is not a problem, ist fine for me, as my main goal is to retrofit several modules and functionalities and replace the EGR ( had some failures and following some SSD advices, like re-learning process of the 0 position, now its apparently fine, although it will have to been replaced next year probably)

My concern is that, as the CCF downloads to the vehicle as an entire file, if it cannot acces to certain modules could caise a brick. It is however connected succesflully to the BCM, so if im not wrong, its enough.

Click image to enlarge

These are the proyects I, initially, would like to go trough:

- Dip mirror when reversing ( have no electrical seats so I will have to install the module )
- DVB-T module
- Reverse Camera
- Video In motion ( would be interesting for the kids)
- DAB module

I was thinking to simply make a very small change in the CCF and then make sure the system works fine... is it a good idea?

additionally, the vehicle comes up with some warnings when I plug the cable ( Parking aid not available, parking brake... ) however I could browse perfectly with the SSD and was able to make the relearning process of the EGR. Also asks me if I have the all wheel drive system fitted when entering into the service functions:

Post #374151 27th Jun 2019 10:40 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Are all those things the same as Freelander?

Sheep If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #374168 27th Jun 2019 6:50 pm
seros

According to what I understood from Stuartc, mainly yes.

Stuartc:

Quote:
"Low and behold" when I searched IAM2.1 Level 3 on the internet it comes up with Gen 2.1 as fitted to Evoque, Jaguar XF/XJ, RRS and 2014 FFRR.

Post #374172 27th Jun 2019 7:44 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Wow, where to start, that is a lot of questions.

First things first, where did you get your Mongoose? Is it genuine or a Chinese copy. There are some awful clones that will cause no end of problems.

Your 15MY Evoque is Multi-CAN architecture, having four main CAN bus so quite different to the Freelander which is Dual-CAN.

What you are seeing is a full list of every module available for an Evoque, the orange ones are in theory option modules that may not be installed. The red modules on Chassis CAN are more of a concern.

For a Freelander you need IPC and BCM on bus, you need a good charge in the battery and you need a clean CAN bus to safely flash the CCF into the car. Park aid and park brake dropping off bus and giving errors when you plug the Mongoose in would make me very very worried about flashing the CCF.

Using SDD is, in my opinion, the safest tool to change the CCF, its pretty error proof despite the clunky feel. If it thinks its likely to have a problem, it wont continue. But it does expect the high quality components/timing of a genuine Mongoose, VCI, DA adapter.

Post #374200 28th Jun 2019 12:42 pm
seros

Thank much Vanny for your reply.

The cable, it is a Chinese clone, however, I have been able so far to relearn the EGR and fully enable the second key ( I could start the engine, but not open and close remotelly), so I understeand ( correct me if Im wrong) that if the SSD is able to enter into the CCF edition is because it can be safely done.... but I am not 100% sure, this is why I come here to ensure this.

Despite the differences you explain the CAN-bus architecture, the CCF edition can be carried out, I my understanding, in the same way as the freelander. This is why I wanted to base all the future proyects in the ones you have aready done.

Regarding the unresponse modules, they are precisely those the ones that genatetes the errors when plugging the cable, Parking aid and DSC not available are PAM, PSCM and SASM modules.

Do you see very risky edit a single a simple feature in the CCF and see if it works? Dows the vehicle need to connect to every sing module to update the CCF or this is stored in a different place?

I am really willing to make this test but I am afraid of the consequences, maybe I am exaggerating, as maybe the key enabling or the relearning of the EGR as more risky operations Neutral

... I have located already a DAB, DBT and seat module ( for he dip mirror) Mr. Green

Post #374203 28th Jun 2019 1:44 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Starting the EGR relearn is maybe 5 messages, up to 8 bytes each. And they are just instructions, not taking data from your laptop and writing it to your computer.

When you edit the CCF, you will actually make a whole new file, about 2000 bytes. This is the safe bit.

SDD (SDD, not SSD) will then write a support file to the IPC, in part to blank it out, about 7000 bytes, then write the 2000 bytes of the CCF. It will then do the same for the BCM.

So your bad dongle, I call it bad because it causes CANbus faults when plugged in, is going to have to send over 20,000 bytes of data, at the right time, without any corruption, or your car will become like a brick. I don't think relearning an EGR or key is a good test of reliability.

If it does fail, then in the UK I think it would cost around £600 to repair the modules, not including taking them off the car. This is about the cost of a genuine dongle!

Because a whole new CCF is made by the editor, its doesn't matter which parameter you change. Maybe try the 'Towing' field?

Post #374214 28th Jun 2019 3:06 pm
seros

You mean to edit just the towing field in the CCF and test it? I can do that tomorrow.

BTW, if the SDD is designed to be as poof of errors as you say.. if the CCF file is corrupted, shouldn't it avoid the download confirmation?
Regarding the download process, if there are modules that are not reachable, then either should prompt an error before download or as they are not answering, then they won't be affected...

What a great temptation to try if everything works Big Cry

Edit: What about the VXdiag or the DA-Dongle J2534 VCI (Jaguar Land Rover Approved SAE J2534 Pass-Thru Interface)??
Which interfaces are you using?

Post #374239 28th Jun 2019 10:11 pm
seros

Lets be carefull.... there are too many advices to avoid risky cables.... therefore I am trying to find a good deal for any good quality/ appoved vci cable.

If anyone is knows a bargain or i interested in selling it as a second, please pm me.

Will keep you updated

Post #374293 29th Jun 2019 9:33 pm
F-L-2

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Fuji White

I've edited my CCF several times with a clone Mongoose Pro and had no problems at all.

Post #374654 5th Jul 2019 7:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1