« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Good news for a man they call "CG"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Good news for a man they call "CG"

This weekend our touring caravan was taken on a trip to a new site, one where it will stay until at least 31 October this year.

A couple of weeks ago I made inquiries about a site we hadn't used before but looked very interesting because it's in an area we know well and like, and most importantly, it is adjacent to a beach. We found out that seasonal pitches were available. We took a trip down there last weekend and found the location is exactly what we want.

So yesterday, we took the van to the site, it being the first day of the season, and set it up there with the intention that it will stay there until October.

So, CG, one less van to inconvenience you on the roads this year !!! I'll also have to admit that we saw our the first '09' reg en-route to the site, it was a black FL2 .... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #37947 2nd Mar 2009 10:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

How does the seasonal pitch work Question

Can you leave your awnings up, electric plugged in 24/7, waste water plumbed in, water connected to mains

Whats the cost like, if you don't mind me asking? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37949 2nd Mar 2009 10:28 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Bow down I'm educating them Laughing

Hope you have many fine times there, but don't leave your van anywhere that a Volvo wont be able to tow it from At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #37950 2nd Mar 2009 10:29 pm
avtur

npinks wrote:
How does the seasonal pitch work Question

Can you leave your awnings up, electric plugged in 24/7, waste water plumbed in, water connected to mains

Whats the cost like, if you don't mind me asking?

Probably varies from site to site but in general I would say the answer is yes to all the above.

Being at a coastal location we wont be leaving an awning up between visits, though somefolks do, we will probably use a small porch awning that's quick to put up and down each visit if required. The pitch we have is not 'full service' but we're only about 10 paces from the water and 20 paces from the waste. But certainly where seasonal availability is offered on full service pitches then yes you leave it all plumbed in. We've been told we can leave the electric plugged in if we want.

Ours is a small site with just 20 pitches, a small toilet/shower block, no club house but right by a quiet dog friendly beach. We have paid £1200 for the pitch from 1 March to 31 October. The site was recently bought by a company who own another site we have used for nearly 20 years; the other site is just a couple of miles away and does offer seasonal availability on thier full service pitches. The site is much larger site with a club house, shop and pools, there they charge £2000 per pitch for the same season. These sites are both about 6-7 miles beyond Caernarfon on the A499

Now I know I'm playing right into CG's hands here, Whistle but of course the advantage of the seasonal pitch is a much quicker journey and arriving to find everthing is already in place. The site we've chosen is 110 miles door to door which means it is quite 'do able' for a weekend.

Go on CG give me your best now, 1 down .... how many (100,000's) more to go Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #37975 3rd Mar 2009 2:26 pm
chicken george

which is preferable ? to be near to or a long way away from the waste????? .

I'm down that way in June so we will pop by and have a beer outside the van. I'm staying in a chalet which is like a van but nice(r) Whistle

Not 100% sure where Im going , Mrs G's friends chalet is in Cardigan bay but this seems to cover much of the Welsh coastline Confused I'm sure we will find out before we set off. I've been to Portmerion before thats an amusing place, we stayed at the hotel by the harbour for a friends wedding. there was a channel on the tv that showed nothing but episodes of the prisoner Laughing At work
At home

Post #37992 3rd Mar 2009 5:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

depends on the type of waste disposal

Some are just sess pits, but on the sites that normally offer seasonal pitches they are big square openings with a small hole at the bottom and a flushing system (think large square toilet without a lid)

either way

You don't want it right next door to the van Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37994 3rd Mar 2009 6:18 pm
avtur

Its close enough to be 'covenient' but not so close to be a problem.

Actually both waste points (grey and the 'niffy' stuff) are behind the shower block so no problem there.

We're just a couple of miles from here LL54 5TP (try it in google maps with the satellite view).

The hospitality door will be open any time we're down there.... which we hope will be plenty!

At the moment £1000 for one night is quite expensive Shocked

But the more we visit the cheaper it will become. Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #38002 3rd Mar 2009 6:53 pm
chicken george

avtur wrote:

The hospitality door will be open any time we're down there.... which we hope will be plenty!

Sorry mrs G is washing her hair that night Rolling Eyes

avtur wrote:

We're just a couple of miles from here LL54 5TP (try it in google maps with the satellite view).

It seems you will be able to fly there easily, do you have a light aircraft and a runway in your garden?
http://www.air-world.co.uk/ At work
At home

Post #38010 3rd Mar 2009 8:03 pm
avtur

I have flown into this place a few times with friends who have PPL's. You'll notice that there is caravan site at the end of the runway .... you may see a picture developing here. We've been staying at this place for many years, so I can indulge my interest in aircraft! Excuse me while I get my anorak Laughing

The site we are using this summer is a couple of miles from here Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #38013 3rd Mar 2009 8:20 pm
avtur

Posting from the 'beach retreat' courtesy of the Vodafone dongle, not getting 3G service but certainly working fine for email & posting here ...

On the basis thats is always five o'clock somewhere the beer and wine have been opened ... Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!

Post #38271 7th Mar 2009 5:04 pm
chicken george

I've finally found out where I am going for my hols this year Thumbs Up 'Aberdovey'

In a chalet just like this http://www.welshpropertyservices.com/details.php?id=418 At work
At home

Post #39700 30th Mar 2009 8:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1