Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Tips & Tricks > How do you blow your tyres up?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

My garage is kitted out with a compressor and air tools, so it's just like blowing up your tyres at a service station, unfortuantly all the neighbours think so too! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #47571 18th Sep 2009 9:25 pm
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I use a 12V Woolworth's compressor / lantern that I was given for Christmas by my parents one year. It must be nearly 30 years old by now.

A bit noisy and slow to inflate a large volume (e.g. swmbo's exercise ball) but it does the job and it also holds some sentimental value now.

Post #47580 19th Sep 2009 12:30 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

Used to use an old Dunlop Standard footpump which my dad bought back in the 1940's. Packed up working a couple of years ago as the leather seal in it had perished....wouldn't mind geting my hands on another seal if I could because that was a damn good pump.

Post #53062 28th Dec 2009 10:20 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I can supply these

Price is £60 inc vat + delivery, they're similar to the ViAir ones I use on adventure trips but made of cheaper materials, fine for 'normal' use but may begin to wear after 10+ trips to the Sahara

ViAir one (complete with sand!) is on the right, the ViAir one costs more than double the one on the left...

Post #53071 28th Dec 2009 11:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
petendroberts

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

I bought the michelin CAE12262 for around £40 or so,runs off the cigar lighter socket and fits snuggly next to the spare wheel(back left side),works very well Very Happy Freelander 2 SE TD4 AUTO Sumatra Black.
Roof rails and bars,Chrome full mirror caps,Chrome vents,Stainless door handles,Chrome light surrounds,18"New 10 spoke HSE Alloys with Grabber ATs 255x55x18+ 25mm spacers,Almond leather interior,2011 front and rear upgrade,S/S Side Bars,Stainless exhaust system (twin pipes),Xenon retrofit with Hella self levelers,Bluefin ECU Remap,Tints,Removable towbar,etc,etc..EMPTY WALLET!!

Post #64505 23rd Mar 2010 7:38 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Stole the compressor from my last Merc before I traded it in Twisted Evil It also fits snugly next to my spare.

Did feel slightly sorry for the new merc owners as the spare was one of those inflatable spacesaver ones!! Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #64513 23rd Mar 2010 9:10 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Just buy an "s", you get a, to be honest, good compressor free! Thumbs Up We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #64562 24th Mar 2010 1:45 am
Carnoch

Doesn't matter what you use to blow them up with, but always use a proper seperate psi gauge to check them with. The crap ones on foot pumps and the ones you get at the garage are useless, they can be out by 4/5 psi.

Post #64564 24th Mar 2010 3:14 am
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

In defence of garages, where I worked we had "free air" top quality pressure gauge/inflator which was at side of forecourt. This was often left lying on ground to be run over by next car, thrown to ground when finished with and in general missused. These cost £40-50 each and at end of day a pay to use unit was installed.

Local trading standards check garage gauges regularly, unfortunately the person sent to check them did not know how to use a pressure gauge.
I was called to office where I was told customer gauge was 4-5psi out, I produced calibration certificate for the nearly new gauge. Went with person concerned to reckeck and foud she did not use gauge or her own equipment properly. Instruction on gauge "inflate above desired pressure then lower to correct pressure" was ignored. Test 2 was100% accurate. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #64599 24th Mar 2010 12:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12