Home > Technical > Rear Electric Window and ECU Memory issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue
Rear Electric Window and ECU Memory issues

All,

Wonder if this has happened to any of you, it's not a major issue, but niggling nonetheless.

As you are aware, a quick tap of the rear window switches drops the glass an inch, just enough for ventilation purposes.

However, this last week or so, my NSR (left side) window has been dropping all the way to the bottom of its runner when I try this frequently used feature. The OSR (right side) remains unaffected, and a quick reset and recalibration of the window ECU resolves the issue, but only until the next time I get in the vehicle and start it. Then the process needs to be repeated.

Any ideas?

My initial thoughts were low voltage at the battery, however this was replaced in January and the charge is healthy. Next step will be a Canbus hard reset, but thought that I'd throw this out there and see if it has happened to any of you at all.

It's not a major ball-ache, but it's the first thing that's gone awry with the vehicle since new, and I would like to try and get to the bottom of it if possible.

TIA Thumbs Up MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #372509 24th May 2019 4:20 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Sounds like the calibration is either not storing (faulty ECU) or more likely something is causing the calibration to corrupt. I expect that a stall detection event would remove the stored calibration, and as a stall event is characterised by a current peak, I wonder if there is a wiring short some where?

Are you able to do a diagnostic read out on it?

Post #372510 24th May 2019 4:29 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

No, not personally as I don't have the kit, but know a man who can. I'll get him to plug the old Mongoose in and see what it throws.....

The only possible permutation is the BlackVue Dashcam/PowerMagic Pro that there could potentially be a fault with.....that said, it's been in there for the last 4 years without issue.... I'll isolate it after resetting the CAN and see whether the same fault occurs....

Thanks for suggestions in the meantime... MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #372513 24th May 2019 5:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1