Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Baltic Blue and loving it!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MudBug

Ireland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
Baltic Blue and loving it!

Hi, Everyone!

So I’ve been wearing a silly grin since Tuesday and thought I’d share a couple of photo’s of the reason why...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Apart from Pancake Day, here are some other notable happenings which took place on February 24th:

1920 - The Nazi Party is founded.

1981 - Buckingham Palace announces the engagement of the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.

1981 - An earthquake registering 6.7 on the Richter Scale hits Athens, killing 16 people and destroying buildings in several towns west of the city.

1989 - Ayatollah Khomeini offers a $3 million bounty for the death of author Salman Rushdie

1989 - United Airlines Flight 811, bound for New Zealand rips open during flight, sucking 9 passengers out of the business-class section.

1996 - The last occurrence of February 24 as a leap day in the Euripean Union and for the Roman Catholic Church.

1999 - The State of Arizona executes Karl LaGrand, a German national involved in an armed robbery, in spite of Germany’s legal action to attempt to save him.

1999 - A China Southern Airlines Tupolev TU-154 airliner crashes on approach to Wenzhou airport in eastern the China, killing 61.

2008 - Fidel Castro retires as the President of Cuba after nearly fifty years.

I’m just hoping for better fortune with my Landy... Thumbs Up

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #37797 1st Mar 2009 2:37 am
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

The top colour Very Happy

Post #37825 1st Mar 2009 3:13 pm
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Though I've ordered Stornaway Grey, I must admit it looks very smart in Baltic Blue. For new orders, its changing to Biscay Blue, which seems a little paler.

By the way, 7.3 l/100km is a very good efficiency level. I presume you have the manual. Is that right?

Post #37830 1st Mar 2009 3:43 pm
RichardC

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Looks great!!!!

Can't wait till Tuesday to pick up mine Very Happy

Post #37831 1st Mar 2009 4:11 pm
oakwood

BTW MudBug, what are you loving most about it?

The drive, the look, the internal comfort...?

Post #37836 1st Mar 2009 6:10 pm
MudBug

Thanks for the comments, Lads.

It is a manual model equivalent to the GS specification in the UK. The only extras I’ve added are a cargo barrier and side impact strips. Actually, had to add the rear parking sensors, as well, as they didn’t come as standard.

To be honest I’d really like a 110 LWB County but at €2000 for a years road tax I’ll have to wait until I meet that rich widow.

So, is the Freelander 2 a compromise then? I’m very pleased to be able to tell you that it is most certainly not!

Our roads can leave a lot to be desired but the F/L2 takes all surfaces in it’s stride and provides a really smooth ride. Reviewers have suggested that the rear seats are cramped but I have not found this to be the case. For myself, at 6’1”, the drivers seat is three stops from being fully back and the height of the seats leaves plenty of room for rear-seat passengers to put their feet, comfortably, underneath the front ones.

Visibility is superb! This is one of the few vehicles I’ve driven where the “A” pillar has not, badly, obstructed my vision and you can easily see the corners of the car when maneuvering. Also, I can now look upwards through my side window (to admire our wonderful scenery) without having to bend forwards first.

Mostly, though, there are a host of little things about the F/L2 that just give you a major feel-good factor. From the very smooth gear box (manual), to the easy access to all the weekly maintenance areas under the bonnet, to the solid sounding closing of it’s substantial doors, the F/L2 just seems to do it that little bit better than most. But, then, I’ve never owned a Bentley...

The only criticism I can highlight, today, is that the right-hand support cushion of the Driver’s (and presumably passenger’s) seat, the one you sit on when getting in and out, does not recover it’s shape very well and the fabric on the side has already started to show compression lines. I am thinking of having the seats re-upholstered in leather, when funds allow, and will certainly ask for those cushions to be replaced with a firmer material, should they continue to deteriorate.

All-in-all, however, I am one happy new owner of what I always hoped would be, and can now confirm is, one of the most enjoyable driving experiences out there, for the price.

Felicitations, then, to all lucky owners; and to those of you awaiting delivery, or still sitting on the fence of indecision, I say “worry ye not” because you’re going to love it, Missus! Thumbs Up

Now, if I can just get the first 800Klms on the clock, I can start to rev it up past 3000rpm... Very Happy

Post #37843 1st Mar 2009 7:34 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Baltic Blue. Class colour seems to have been replaced by Biscay Blue, Baltic Blue without the WOW factor, congrats on a very sound choice. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #38298 7th Mar 2009 9:14 pm
Inernest

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Best of luck with it Mudbug!

I like the side impact strips, do you know how much extre these were?

Post #38341 8th Mar 2009 3:09 pm
MudBug

Hi Inernest, sorry for the late reply.

I had the impact strips fitted as part of a deal on extras when I bought the car but I've checked with the Garage and they have quoted 157 Euros + fitting, which they say is quite easy for anyone to do because the strips just fit in the existing indents.

Hope this helps.

Post #38633 12th Mar 2009 2:21 pm
oakwood

Does that mean they can be easily removed again - without damage - if you decide you don't like them?

Post #38686 12th Mar 2009 10:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1