« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Service Reset
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
totherescue

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Service Reset

Hi all fellow FL2 owners! after a 5th visit to the stealer for a replacemnet B post seat belt trim, + drivers seat base (backorder), i asked for 2 yr service , after i sat down their price £420+ VAT , when i got be to the office , trawlled the net and found on the D 3 site, service reset , i followed this and hay Presto it works , so follow this only when service date in dislplaying!!! ,

ING Off
Press & Hold milage reset - Press start ( no Clutch depressed)
the message "service" displayed 5 secs
scroll using ths reset putton until Date displayed hold for 10 secs, then scroll to end press, then should reset ,switch off, then switch on start then check , all done . then change oil & air filter £100 Job done. Tim. Thumbs Up

Post #37325 18th Feb 2009 5:32 pm
AHoy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Handy to be able to do when you are not having a service done by an authorised workshop - IF the vehicle has had the benefit of all service items checked per the service schedule and any recalls/inspections done. Otherwise you will just be building up future problems for yourself and the vehicle. I assume you don't really think an oil and filter change equals a full service.

On a relatively new vehicle not having recognised service records (not necessarily by a LR dealer) means you could be losing more in resale value than you are saving on service costs. May well have some issues with warranty as well.

I'm not supporting excessive costs or unnecessary service work by the way, I just put a lot of value on good servicing.

AHoy.

Post #37334 18th Feb 2009 8:17 pm
totherescue

Hi Ahoy , the dealer in question is charging £105 P/hr labour , the technician would be lucky to get £20 P/hr, being a Technician myself (AMIMI Member) following the service schedule as set by landrover is nothing to difficult , as for recall's Etc they have a legal duty to carry out these, I alway use quality lubricants were specfied and dispose of waste in the legal/correct method. i Posted the service reset details for likeminded people.

Post #37455 20th Feb 2009 6:08 pm
Rowy

Over 3 years saving £300+ per service approx £1000, I'm Not sure a dealer service history adds that much value to the vehicle.

I use my own mechanic for servicing with warranty work and recalls done at the main dealer-no problems.

And all this about paint/body warranty?? I've never heard of a new car having such a problem? body work repairs are relatively in-expensive anyway.

Post #37459 20th Feb 2009 7:15 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Thanks for the tip there totherescue. Il be dammed if im paying a garage £200 to get my oil changed. A service history will help my vehicle sell better however it will not be worth anymore in 5-6 years time when I come to sell it so whats the point..?
Im just glad people like urself come on here and give us some knowledge so thankyou for that. Thumbs Up

Post #37499 21st Feb 2009 10:58 am
mabo

Italy 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red
I did it!

Thank you for the tip, Totherescue.

It took me several attempts in order to reset it, and I am not sure whether I could do it again, but at the end it worked.

Post #38547 11th Mar 2009 11:45 am
totherescue

After Changing the oil (remove belly pan +21mm spanner for drain bung) the oil filter Not so Easy to change Evil or Very Mad , you just get your hand just on the cap, the Only way to replace the element , is to remove the cooling fans: First unplug wiring/ unscrew motion sensors do Not dis-connect!, gently remove the cooling fan cowling away from radiator) careful of the power steer hose ,then you have full access to the filter head, replace as reversal 6 litres of 5/30w full synthic oil , change air filter easy was supprised how dirty it became after only 15,000 mls, all done, running Sweet! Thumbs Up

Post #38650 12th Mar 2009 6:08 pm
Hooky

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Hi Totherescue, I'm taking it that the oil filter is on the front of the engine then? I'm trying to see it to determine if it looks like it was changed recently but a quick scrabble under the car on my back proved fruitless due to the belly pan. Any way it can be viewed without stripping down? Cheers. Also available in Clean.

Post #38911 16th Mar 2009 6:18 pm
Hooky

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Sorry guys, eventually found info with search function. Not going to see anything if it is an element rather than canister type Sad Also available in Clean.

Post #38913 16th Mar 2009 6:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1