Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Extra functions button on screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
enzofl2

Italy 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Alaska White

Vanny I tried to edit, but then I eventually replaced the reserved field with the 4x4i field.
But of the green electronic differential, I found nothing. Whistle Freelander 2 Y13 TD4 SE - Alaska White

Post #387039 24th Feb 2020 11:05 pm
enzofl2

Vanny wrote:
My point is that you should not ADD or INSERT but AMEND the field that is already there. All fields, used or not, have an entry in the XML.

Thanks my friend .. I worked hard this week and reached another milestone.

The Fl2My14 Display with EH52-10E889-AE does not support Terrain Response. Special programs are blocked. For shock absorbers, it doesn't even fit in the center screen. everything is fine for the compass, the altimeter and the Cartesian coordinates. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Therefore only the FL2 My13 with DH52-10E889-AE display will be able to benefit from the display option of the program used for the Terrain Response, in addition to the Cartesian coordinates, the compass and the altimeter. 🤠
The padlock is not there because the car has the engine off. Whistle Freelander 2 Y13 TD4 SE - Alaska White

Post #387336 1st Mar 2020 12:37 am
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Have you driven anywhere with the compass yet? On my 13my it locks up after around 15 minutes and requires ignition cycle before working again.

The 4x4i software module was never intended for Freelander2 which is why so little works. A bit of clever hardware allows me to put an L538 screen into my L359 but even then not everything works as the Freelander2 does not include all of the signals.

The Terrain Response section on 13my does not work correctly either. You can also make Dynamic mode logo appear, however as the car does not have the active suspension components, it's a little pointless.

There are CCF parameters you can change to alter the size of the wheels on the display.

Post #387385 1st Mar 2020 9:30 pm
enzofl2

Quote:
Vanny

Have you driven anywhere with the compass yet? On my 13my it locks up after around 15 minutes and requires ignition cycle before working again.

Vanny I have a doubt, how much time I have driven? Shocked I had no errors with the compass. But I have the My13 DH52-10E889-xx display with the latest firmware. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The 4x4i software module was never intended for Freelander2 which is why so little works. A bit of clever hardware allows me to put an L538 screen into my L359 but even then not everything works as the Freelander2 does not include all of the signals.

You're right, around the 4x4i software, receive a gift that gives us the GPS signal. Bow down

Quote:
The Terrain Response section on 13my does not work correctly either. You can also make Dynamic mode logo appear, however as the car does not have the active suspension components, it's a little pointless.

Yes, Terrain Response, appear correctly only the text of the selected program. Then no functionality. Thumbs Up

Quote:
There are CCF parameters you can change to alter the size of the wheels on the display.

Nice to increase the ratio of the view with F1 tires. Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Freelander 2 Y13 TD4 SE - Alaska White

Post #387443 2nd Mar 2020 9:30 pm
smarggauges

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

I am thankful to enzofl2 and freel2.com
I changed 226 and 251 byte of CCF and now I have 4x4 info on my LR2 2009MY with EH52-10E889-AG.

Post #390794 4th May 2020 7:54 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Good work Thumbs Up
Can you explain what you’ve done as there appears to be a few inconsistencies, excluding the fact it’s in a 2009!
You appear to be running MY13 SW on a MY14/MY15 FCDIM as you’re stated? Are you sure it’s a EH52 & not a DH52?
More details be interesting to know as clearly you’ve managed some rather interesting “trickery”☺️👍 MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #390798 5th May 2020 3:47 am
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

A impressive list of trickeries Smartgauges did can be found here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/559134374268764551/. Also check his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxJM-RaTPqf7qYvPb9yTDA, really impressive stuff.

It's in Russian and I used google translate to read it, the things he did are really impressive. I have been following his progress there for a while.

Among other things he managed to connect the MY13 dials to a 2009 FL2 and play audio trough the standard amplifier on the MOST bus with his own board. He also upgraded the center console to the MY2013 version.

I'm very happy he joined this forum now and hope he will post about his progress here as well. I have seen many questions here from people wanting to upgrade the dash of a pre MY13 to the MY13 model, smartgauges has almost done it.

Post #390802 5th May 2020 7:35 am
Stuartc

Aah, Thxs for that saved me having to search for the correct threads. Thumbs Up
Yes, I see what he’s done now with a CAN interface.
Yes I hope he contributes on here as I plan on doing similar to get the 4x4i screen completely working when I get around to it! MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #390808 5th May 2020 9:17 am
smarggauges

Hello Stuartc

First of all, I apologize, I was wrong. I have a DH52-10E889-AG screen.

Now, how I connected this screen: I bought a used DH52-10E889-AG and IAM2.1 level1 and connected them through a self made board usb2most. The board usb2most is a gateway for CAN and MOST buses and sources of this board is availible on https://github.com/smartgauges/usb2most.
In this scheme, board usb2most performs the following tasks:
- on MOST bus emulates an amplifier AUD3-12 and translates the sound into a real amplifier.
- on the MS CAN bus isolates the screen from the real MS CAN bus and translates CAN messages from a real MS CAN bus to fake MS CAN" bus with the screen.

Click image to enlarge

Post #390827 6th May 2020 6:34 am
smarggauges

grumsel wrote:
A impressive list of trickeries Smartgauges did can be found here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/559134374268764551/. Also check his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxJM-RaTPqf7qYvPb9yTDA, really impressive stuff.

It's in Russian and I used google translate to read it, the things he did are really impressive. I have been following his progress there for a while.

Among other things he managed to connect the MY13 dials to a 2009 FL2 and play audio trough the standard amplifier on the MOST bus with his own board. He also upgraded the center console to the MY2013 version.

I'm very happy he joined this forum now and hope he will post about his progress here as well. I have seen many questions here from people wanting to upgrade the dash of a pre MY13 to the MY13 model, smartgauges has almost done it.

Hello grumsel.
I am very glad that my videos are watched not only in Russia.
I can make a separate thread on this forum with a description of the steps for upgrade the center console to 2013MY.

Post #390828 6th May 2020 6:41 am
Stuartc

smarggauges wrote:
Hello Stuartc

First of all, I apologize, I was wrong. I have a DH52-10E889-AG screen.

Now, how I connected this screen: I bought a used DH52-10E889-AG and IAM2.1 level1 and connected them through a self made board usb2most. The board usb2most is a gateway for CAN and MOST buses and sources of this board is availible on https://github.com/smartgauges/usb2most.
In this scheme, board usb2most performs the following tasks:
- on MOST bus emulates an amplifier AUD3-12 and translates the sound into a real amplifier.
- on the MS CAN bus isolates the screen from the real MS CAN bus and translates CAN messages from a real MS CAN bus to fake MS CAN" bus with the screen.
Click image to enlarge

Thanks for that, explains the SW differences between D & E MY’s and as your using the Lvl 1 IAM why there’s no compass.

I couldn’t access the information for the CAN/MOST interface as it requires a login.

I noted you used the CAN signals from the volume adjust to simulate the axle articulation on screen, why don’t you use the CAN signals from the front & rear axle level sensors for the auto headlight leveller. This would give you correct functioning for that feature.

Do you have a list of the CAN addresses/messages for the 4x4i screen that you needed to decipher for the missing features? I still need to “sniff” these out so be useful to know seeing I’ve not gotten around to this yet Laughing MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #391317 18th May 2020 1:04 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Quote:
why don’t you use the CAN signals from the front & rear axle level sensors for the auto headlight leveller.

Because we don't all have the posh specification like you Razz

Post #391323 18th May 2020 3:57 pm
Stuartc

🤷‍♂️ MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #391334 18th May 2020 11:51 pm
enzofl2

smarggauges wrote:
I am thankful to enzofl2 and freel2.com
I changed 226 and 251 byte of CCF and now I have 4x4 info on my LR2 2009MY with EH52-10E889-AG.

So the phrase attributed to Archimedes is true: "Give me a long enough lever and a place to stay and I can move the Earth".
Congratulations to you my friend; you are really great. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 Y13 TD4 SE - Alaska White

Post #395750 18th Aug 2020 10:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456