« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED.....Floor mats, Rubber/carpet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
castrolsp2

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver
WANTED.....Floor mats, Rubber/carpet

I'm looking for some genuine FL2 floor mats for my GF's motor. Must be black, rubber or carpet. I have looked on Ebay, but hardly any for sale. So I thought I would ask on here before Paying inflated prices at the Stealers for some.

Thanks

Wayne

Post #37545 22nd Feb 2009 9:12 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Speak to the site sponsors for discounts also "the large one" on disco3 as he is the parts manager at Yeovil LR which should save you 20% Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37546 22nd Feb 2009 11:57 am
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Do they have to be genuine LR matts? The reason I ask is my mate makes car matts from hard wearing rubber of varying thicknesses to suit use and he has done me a boot liner for my car. He also used my existing matts to get a template for the FL2 and I'm sure he would be able to make a set for you. I think he's somewhere on e-bay. I'll get the link if you're interested?? They're cheaper than LR matts and very hard wearing. Thumbs Up

Phil Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #37547 22nd Feb 2009 11:57 am
Grumpa 2

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: WANTED.....Floor mats, Rubber/carpet

castrolsp2 wrote:
I'm looking for some genuine FL2 floor mats for my GF's motor. Must be black, rubber or carpet. I have looked on Ebay, but hardly any for sale. So I thought I would ask on here before Paying inflated prices at the Stealers for some.

Thanks

Wayne

I have bought some on ebay, but I collected them so was able to see them first.For the money I think they are fine. Just ordered some for my daughters Vauxhall.
They seem decent people to deal with and supply lots of garages.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-FREELANDER...m153.l1262

Post #37570 22nd Feb 2009 6:23 pm
Rowy

Watch out for mats (carpet) advertised on Ebay as GENUINE L/R mats that clearly are not. GENUINE Landrover mats have a metal Landrover badge on the drivers mat and will have a Landrover parts number sticker on the reverse.
Some Landrover dealers are supplying Non-genuine aftermarket mats in the cars as part of the deal-Genuine mats cost the dealer £40-50 wholesale from Landrover, so dealers are using cheap alternatives which wholesale for less than a tenner which can also be bought off Ebay and car boot sales, this has led to FL2 owners selling them on mistakenly as GENUINE LANDROVER MATS. Hope this makes sense as I fell in this trap with the person involved thinking they must be real "'cos Landrover put them in the car" not realising dealers are Franchises and it is they who put the mats in and if they can save a few quid they will!

Post #37584 22nd Feb 2009 10:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1