Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > insurance payouts????????????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black
insurance payouts????????????

when i was out today i seen a car accident in which an audi a4 will almost certainly be an insurance write off and that got me thinking,currently i owe about 17.5k on my fl2 which is prob only worth about 15k in the current climate now bearing in mind my car is insured with a valuation of 25k if something were to happen how much do you think the insurance companies would pay out Question 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #35547 25th Jan 2009 10:54 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

About 13k probably Neutral . Or you would end up settling for a car the same age/mileage as your old one and loose your excess.

I insure with Nfu so get "New car replacement for cars up to two years old (if the repairs cost 60% or more of the manufacturer's new car list price)" This insurance can be bought separately, I think its called 'return to invoice' or similar At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #35550 25th Jan 2009 11:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

speaking from experience

my last car was a kia Sportage XS Embarassed (In know) It was involved in a major accident, they repaired it at a cost of about £4000 + £5000 in hire car charges. It was less than 2 months old

It was then involved in another accident whilst parked outside my house, written off, it was just over 16months old and they paid the cost of what a replacement car would have been, same age, colour, mileage on the dealers forecourt. which was about £12500.

They don't take what you state on the insurance forms, just the current market value

If it was my car, i would look into GAP insurance, and if anybody is thinking this, your should speak to forum sponsors Kam100 (MHC Finance) on RRSport.co.uk Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35552 26th Jan 2009 1:04 am
chicken george

return to value
http://www.click4gap.co.uk/productsRTV.asp

return to invoice
http://www.click4gap.co.uk/productsRTI.asp

examples only CG enterprises to not endorse and have no connection with the above products Laughing

The way I see it 'return to value' is insuring yourself against your insurance company not paying out what they should Evil or Very Mad ,whilst 'return to invoice' does actually get you a shiney new car.

I think I will go and crash my Fl2 --- my invoice amount would get me a HSE at todays lowered prices Thumbs Up At work
At home

Post #35563 26th Jan 2009 11:55 am
Alona

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Do you deal with them CG Question 08 FL2 SE TD4 manual,Santorini Black, Factory fitted Black Tinted Glass, Anti-Tesco Trolly Side Protection, bebe confort axiss carseats & Cargo barrier to stop twin's buggy & junk coming through. NO Sweets Crisps or Drinks inside.
WITH TWINS, YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY Smile Now towing a Abbey Vouge 650 1800kg

Tug weight 1958kg + Roofrails & Towbar

Post #35565 26th Jan 2009 1:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The threads contents may be a little out of date but have a look here if your thinking about GAP Alona

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic115.html?highlight=gap Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35566 26th Jan 2009 1:22 pm
Alona

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

It must be out of date Nick.

We are underwritten by the RBS financial group

Have they not gone bust Question 08 FL2 SE TD4 manual,Santorini Black, Factory fitted Black Tinted Glass, Anti-Tesco Trolly Side Protection, bebe confort axiss carseats & Cargo barrier to stop twin's buggy & junk coming through. NO Sweets Crisps or Drinks inside.
WITH TWINS, YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY Smile Now towing a Abbey Vouge 650 1800kg

Tug weight 1958kg + Roofrails & Towbar

Post #35568 26th Jan 2009 1:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

not sure, I have PM'ed Kam to see if he could update it Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35569 26th Jan 2009 1:31 pm
kam100

Thanks NPinks..

Hi guys, thanks for your heads up on this NPinks.

We have not gone bust, far from it, and neither have any of our lending arms. We have more banks on the books now and have partnership agreements in place to cover your lending requirements for your new/used car purchase. Currently offering considerably lower rates then conventional dealer funding..

In terms of GAP RTI products, you can only purchase this within 120 days of purchase of your car new/used, and if you do want to buy a product at a highly competitive rate, use; www.shortfallcover.co.uk and utilise discount code 500500 for a further discount 7.5% on last looking (cheap product to start with). I can also stand by this company, as we have had a few clients claim in the past 12 months, and they have paid out no quarms every time!

Thanks again Npinks, anyone need any quotes or anything, PM me or email me on: kam@mhasnain.co.uk.

Post #35570 26th Jan 2009 1:36 pm
Rowy

I took out return to Invoice insurance (GAP RTI) when purchasing my fl2 Oct '07.
Wouldn't it be a shame if a artic lorry crushed it? (While parked with no body in it) imagine what I could do with £24k in this market?

Rowy

Post #35650 27th Jan 2009 3:47 pm
chicken george

LR told us the car may burn if we dont get the heater unplugged, so what did we do? Banging Head Should have left it to burn Whistle At work
At home

Post #35652 27th Jan 2009 4:11 pm
TonyJ

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Izmir Blue

If the accident is not your fault you should be claiming off the other party for repair of the damage and you are entitled to have the car repaired back to the condition it was prior to the accident regarless of cost or value. The other party's insurance company will try and write the car off if that is the cheapest option but you can insist on it being repaired as you have no agreement with them for the car to be written off. This is not so if you claim trough your own insurance as normally the policy gives the insurance company the option to repair or write off.

Therefore if you are totally not at fault , inform your insurance company of the accident and advise them you are claiming direct from the other driver and if their insurance company want to write the car off insist the car is repaired, assuming you want it repaired.

I have successfully gone down this route on behalf of my son when someone went into the back of his car and repairs were twice the value of the car and again on behalf of my sister when repair costs were about ten times the value of the car.

TonyJ Remember there are never problems, just new challenges

Post #35735 28th Jan 2009 11:52 pm
Rowy

Tony,
Why would you want a knacker'd car repairing? Why not take the money and run? you don't have to take the first offer from the insurance company, if you don't feel it's enough, you can get evidence of what similar cars are being offered for sale at (Autotrader etc.) to gain a true valuation of a replacement-perhaps one thats not been badly damaged

Rowy

Post #35737 29th Jan 2009 1:04 am
TonyJ

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Izmir Blue

Rowy

I did add the proviso if you want it repaired. It is just that a lot of people do not realise that they are under no obligation to have the car written off by the third party's insurance company. I agree that on a newer car you would probably be better off taking the money, but if the car is a few years old it does not take much damage for repairs to be more than the value of the car that you may want to keep.

TonyJ Remember there are never problems, just new challenges

Post #35747 29th Jan 2009 10:21 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thanks TonyJ I wasn't aware of that assept of the insurance.

Not sure if I would use it, but its worth slotting away with all the other stuff in my head, like how to make a rabbit trap or start a fire with household chemicals Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35750 29th Jan 2009 11:04 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>