Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > First pics!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
EM

Russia 

CRV is known as other part time "unpredictable" 4 wheel drive as dangerous in slippery winter conditions.
You never know in turn how many wheels you drive, previous CRV's have bad reputation for kicking a** when not expected. Taking this into account my choice was between forester, new outlander and FL2. Freelander 2 HSE i6 Tonga Green

Post #2814 2nd May 2007 8:06 am
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 

EM wrote:
CRV is known as other part time "unpredictable" 4 wheel drive as dangerous in slippery winter conditions.
You never know in turn how many wheels you drive, previous CRV's have bad reputation for kicking a** when not expected. Taking this into account my choice was between forester, new outlander and FL2.

I know, and this problem has been solved very well by Land rover on the FL.

Honda (like all off-roaders) knew this problem and improved their system. How much? We'll see in some time.

But even though other soft roaders have a lock position, the locking works till speeds up to 40km/h only. I guess, if you are used driving on snow 4x4 that you spoke about higher speeds.... Then again it's a matter of computers telling the haldex, the abs and the esp what to do.

Post #2815 2nd May 2007 9:30 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
Freelander price is its problem I'm afraid, it is a bit steep, but if you are a badge 'snob' you will pay it.....

I'm afraid too that F2 is too expensive for what you get - the F1 was also heavily criticised for it as well. I test drove a TD4 Auto GS this morning and it is the 1st F2 I have driven having held back because I am only interested
in the automatic version. I liked the car very much - smooth, willing and quiet engine, plenty of get up and go for an automatic (it only had 340 miles on it too) but when we sat down and worked out the price of the spec I would like I'm looking at nearly £35000. That is a lot of money for a small SUV and I suspect that depreciation on them will be very heavy in the 1st 3 years as a result of the high initial asking price. It's a pity because I would like to change to a smaller, more economical Land Rover but I will not pay that much for the pleasure. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2824 2nd May 2007 12:51 pm
Alexandrina

Russia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
I've got my Freel2

I've got my Freel2, here it is.

Dreams come true! That's true!

Post #2863 4th May 2007 8:30 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
carlfraz wrote:
Freelander price is its problem I'm afraid, it is a bit steep, but if you are a badge 'snob' you will pay it.....

I'm afraid too that F2 is too expensive for what you get - the F1 was also heavily criticised for it as well. I test drove a TD4 Auto GS this morning and it is the 1st F2 I have driven having held back because I am only interested
in the automatic version. I liked the car very much - smooth, willing and quiet engine, plenty of get up and go for an automatic (it only had 340 miles on it too) but when we sat down and worked out the price of the spec I would like I'm looking at nearly £35000. That is a lot of money for a small SUV and I suspect that depreciation on them will be very heavy in the 1st 3 years as a result of the high initial asking price. It's a pity because I would like to change to a smaller, more economical Land Rover but I will not pay that much for the pleasure.

I'm not sure that a £35K FL2 makes sense ... having said that if anyone has one that's fine it's all a matter of personal choice. Although I will say that If my budget had been £35K then I'd be driving a Disco 3 ... Actually its very frustrating because the Disco 3 was £15 per month over my allowable lease budget which is why I have a FL2, there is a non negotiable cap on our lease costs. Having said that I could have gone further up the FL2 range and remained within limits but decided that the GS offered best value for money, which is why I have a TD4 GS; and as I've stated elsewhere the only real frustration about the GS is the sound system.

Post #2867 4th May 2007 9:52 pm
avtur

Alexandrina,

Welcome, I'm sure you attract a great deal of attention with you FL2, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine !

Post #2868 4th May 2007 9:55 pm
TASH

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

£35K surely that has to be the petrol and full list.

I have seen 07 07 reg 2.2TD4 HSE manuals in metallic for £29K. I have just paid less than £21K for an ex demo 3K miles 2.2TD4 GS, there is a difference between the FL2, D3 and RRS on price it is just some models come uncomfortably close or overlap.

As people say certain models are better value, given time as supply meets demand and the used market starts to develop the prices will soften.

Last edited by TASH on 6th May 2007 10:01 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2874 5th May 2007 8:39 am
Alexandrina

avtur wrote:
Alexandrina,

Welcome, I'm sure you attract a great deal of attention with you FL2, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine !

Yes, I really enojoy it. I drive it all the time and try to use it from different sides. Dreams come true! That's true!

Post #2879 5th May 2007 8:28 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

TASH wrote:

Actually its a TD4 HSE Auto with metallic, towkit, privacy, colour coded mirror casings and a few other bits to bring the value up to the partex value of my 2 year old,18000 mile, RRS Tdv6SE in Giverny , no PTI, no satnav (ie an SE with no extras at all!) 10 spoke alloys, colour coded intakes and a towkit.
I think I'll be going for another RRS SE but the 2008MY which will have PTI and Satnav as standard as I don't need the vast size of a 7 seater D3 - 5 seats are all I could use about once a year and you cannot get a 5 seat higher spec D3 with airsprings - just the base car with no TR and steel springs How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2881 5th May 2007 9:07 pm
TASH

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

If I had the money I would have a RRS, FL2 is an excellent car and within my price bracket.

Post #2886 6th May 2007 10:02 am
avtur

TASH wrote:

I have seen 07 07 reg 2.2TD4 HSE manuals in metallic for £29K. I have just paid less than £21K for an ex demo 3K miles 2.2TD4 GS, there is a difference between the FL2, D3 and RRS on price it is just some models come uncomfortably close or overlap.

As people say certain models are better value, given time as supply meets demand and the used market starts to develop the prices will soften.

Sounds like you got a great deal there! You've got a model that I think is excellent value for money ... (I'm biased, I too have a GS). As I've said elsewhere, I could have gone further up the range, but I'm a Censored for getting value for money, that's why I chose the GS ...

Post #2888 6th May 2007 8:00 pm
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I'm afraid too that F2 is too expensive for what you get. It's a pity because I would like to change to a smaller, more economical Land Rover but I will not pay that much for the pleasure.

I would be interested to know what Your thinking is behind this comment given that You already have a RRS.

On comparisoin, the FL2 3.2i and the RRS 4.4 are about the same what comes to performance. With comparable trim level (HSE) the FL2 costs 34,100 while the RRS is 54,600. The RRS is thus a whopping 60% more expensive than the FL2. And remember, the RRS is narrower than the FL2. The higher-end cars are usually more profitable for carmakers. The less they make profit, the better the value is for us users. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2901 7th May 2007 11:21 am
Alexandrina

Freel2 on the billboard, Freel2 in reality.

It's written on the billboard Dreams come true. And it's in reality. Of course, jacket is of the same colour Smile Dreams come true! That's true!

Post #2906 7th May 2007 9:19 pm
RsTurbo

Italy 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Freel2 on the billboard, Freel2 in reality.

Updated with new pics (last 6 from Sardinia):

http://fl2italia.forumup.it/viewtopic.php?...=fl2italia

Post #10477 22nd Nov 2007 9:12 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
link u/s?

That last pic link seems to request an Italian sign-on ...... errrr/ :? Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #10478 22nd Nov 2007 9:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>