« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hill descent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bob90210

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Hill descent

Anyone had an issue with Hill Descent? my mate stumbled across this site, now he's worried because his lights keep coming on.

Post #35494 25th Jan 2009 10:04 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Thats a new but disturbing problem. When he says his hdc lights come on does he mean the warning in the info screen just after a cold start ? as that seems to be a common trait but seems to have no after affects. If the green HDC light came on whilst driving that would be a cause for concern. In theory the Hdc should only work in 1st gear but if you use the mud and ruts setting it also cuts in in second gear and neutral.

Too be honest the problem described sounds like a 'brake assist' problem , mercs had brake assist problems a few years ago causing the car to brake violently for no reason, my dads cars brake assist had to be disconnected for a few months until a solution was found, he never had problems but mercedes knew of the fault and recalled a lot of cars. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #35507 25th Jan 2009 10:58 am
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Also sounds like that thing that was on watchdog the other day where vectras were going into limp home mode all of a sudden. They narrowed the fault down to the fuel system somewhere I seem to remember.

Given that this guy has set up this site purely for his complaint about his one FL2 and nobody else seems to have heard of it, I think he's just unlucky and it's not something that the industry has found and published. I'm surprised that Marshall's in Bedford are fobbing him off though. That's my local dealer and they've been 100% with me. In all fairness, the guy is also asking for a new car the best part of two years later. Think he's a wee bit out of the Sale of Goods act thing where he can just reject it. However, they should fix the problem under warranty and if they can't then fair enough, they should trade him for another 07 plated FL2. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #35518 25th Jan 2009 1:38 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds like he/she has a faulty car, and is looking at part exchange instead of going through the buy back procedure. He would still have to stump up some money, but i think they calculate this on a set pence per mile, not a part ex value.

Quote:
This forum is purely about your experiences with the Freelander 2. My family could have died if any of the variables when the Hill descent kicked were slightly different.
What if there was 18 wheeler behind her when it happened?
It does not bare thinking about.

I have had car's go into limp mode at 100mph, even having a cars engine turn off due to faulty sensors and the deceleration is not dramatic enough to cause a 18 wheeler to career up my backside especially if said 18 wheeler is driving at 56mph Rolling Eyes

I know he/she allegedly had the HDC kick in, applying the brakes, which would have caused sever braking, IF, it was possible to activate it in 5th or 6th gear, as even with it switched on it turns off at a predetermined speed anyway, but with a faulty electronic system anything is possible.

I just hate it when they start down they could have died lines, when they most likely didn't even come close, or had a 18 wheeler in sight.

I could have died last night, when i squeezed open a bag of crisps and a rouge crinkle cut salt and vinegar crisp shot out, IF it had a sharp edge and also hit my jugular vein Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35532 25th Jan 2009 7:21 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Quote:
My wife had her first first problem with the car on the 13-04-2007 only 2 weeks later. The car lost power all the warning lights came on and the car became undrivable. The car was recovered from my house and taken to Marshalls service centre.

If the car became undrivable how was it picked up from his house at not a roadside recovery ? 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #35533 25th Jan 2009 7:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

a hole in his story Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35534 25th Jan 2009 7:42 pm
rover60

It all seems a bit bad eggs for some reason no problems like that on this forum maybee he just wanted a new car? 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #35535 25th Jan 2009 7:45 pm
rover60

the nearest I come to this is a non start with a mesage saying HDC transmission fault took fob out and restarted ok 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #35536 25th Jan 2009 7:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I would assume it was quite a shock for a £25k car to come to a sudden stop, but things happen i wouldn't set up a website to moan about a one off (the car, not the amount of problems) occurrence.

it would be great if the chap could join here, he'll get more of a broader response and we'll get the benefit of his experience and maybe offer some advice. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #35537 25th Jan 2009 7:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1