Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > New owner saying hi!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jmccaff

Canada 
New owner saying hi!

Just want to say hi form Toronto, Canada. Ordered a Stornaway Grey/Black LR2 with the Stereo upgrade. Now the dealer has to find one! Crying or Very sad

Post #2148 28th Mar 2007 10:06 pm
gtc

Welcome aboard - not much activity here yet, but hopefully it will pick up!

I drove a black/blank with stereo upgrade yesterday out in Waterloo (about an hour west of you) - I was pretty impressed with the way it soaks up the road compared to our current Freelander, and the power is night & day different. Interior was also extremely quiet, and certainly quite a bit more luxurious... I still actually find it just a bit small - rear doors seemed a bit tight given the size of vehicle, and I was disappointed to see that the trunk/boot has a higher starting floor height.

But the ride & drive were great!

GTC

Post #2258 5th Apr 2007 12:52 am
jmccaff

Canada 

Hi GTC,

My dealer had a silver one for me to try and I was really impressed with the ride quality and how quiet it was. I never expected to get one of these, in fact I was going to order a Toyota FJ, but a friend of mine who sells for Land Rover convinced my to go the LR2 route. My friend finally found one for me but it doesn't have the stereo upgrade and I've decided to take it. I was in his LR3 which has the regular HK 240W system and it was awesome so I imagine the 320W Alpine will be a little better. The only problem I have with it is the small trunk and no centre storage console, besides that I like it alot and hope to get it next week.

Take care!

Jim

Post #2268 5th Apr 2007 2:13 pm
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Welcome aboard fellow canucks...for the longest time i was the only one here! i ordered mine back in October with all the bells and whistles. expecting delivery next week...

Post #2285 6th Apr 2007 1:59 am
gtc

gibbergump, jmccaff - you guys won't be disappointed! It's a great vehicle, and I'm giving it some serious thought... especially after the drive. I drove it along the same road I drove my BMW down for a test drive, and the handling was remarkable (certainly not the same as a small coupe, but great non the less). There's one section of this windy road where you hit a single lane bridge with speed bumps on either end - to get my BMW over the bumps, I slow to a crawl and turn slightly to one side - I barely slowed down with the FL2 (about 60k kms) and didn't even feel the bump - and the ride wasn't unsettled at all....

The only downside that I can see is the boot space; I'm also tempted by the handling of the X3, and the sheer price advantage of (get ready for it) fully loaded Hyundai Santa Fe! Given that it's really going to be my wife's vehicle, it'll probably be her call in the end, and she loves her current Freelander, so I suspect we'll wind up with the FL2 sometime during the summer!

--GTC

Post #2325 8th Apr 2007 2:23 am
MacLR2

United States 

Hi, I'm Mac from The Bronx, New York.

Pick-up a Stornaway Grey LR2 fully loaded just 2 weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm looking forward to personalizing my LR2, so any web-site/links for after-market
parts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Post #2475 17th Apr 2007 12:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jmccaff

Canada 

Welcome! I'm glad you like your LR2. I get mine this Thursday. I have not heard of any upgrades to the LR2 in North America yet only in Europe. What are you thinking of doing?

Also how do you like they Grey? That's what I ordered. I wanted the Tambora but I thought it may look dated in a couple of years.

Post #2481 17th Apr 2007 4:37 pm
MacLR2

United States 

jmccaff wrote:
Welcome! I'm glad you like your LR2. I get mine this Thursday. I have not heard of any upgrades to the LR2 in North America yet only in Europe. What are you thinking of doing?

Also how do you like they Grey? That's what I ordered. I wanted the Tambora but I thought it may look dated in a couple of years.

Thanks...

I'm looking to upgade the Grill, install a Rear Wing (like the one found on most SUV's) and some bigger & wider wheels/tires to fill in the wheel well.

I like the grey very much, I find it easier to keep clean. good luck with yours when you pick it up.

Post #2485 18th Apr 2007 3:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ej

England 

MacLR2 wrote:
jmccaff wrote:

Thanks...

I'm looking to upgade the Grill, install a Rear Wing (like the one found on most SUV's) and some bigger & wider wheels/tires to fill in the wheel well.

I like the grey very much, I find it easier to keep clean. good luck with yours when you pick it up.

you can get an official LR accessory wing/spoiler for the back and a set of 19" rims also because the door mirrors are exactly the same as rrs and LR3 you can fit the same chrome or body colour caps to them. ask your dealer for the LR accessory brochure. there is also a bodykit which shows some of the options including an LR upgraded grille along with a body colour skirt which goes around the vehicle

Post #2486 18th Apr 2007 6:31 am
MacLR2

United States 

ej wrote:
you can get an official LR accessory wing/spoiler for the back and a set of 19" rims also because the door mirrors are exactly the same as rrs and LR3 you can fit the same chrome or body colour caps to them. ask your dealer for the LR accessory brochure. there is also a bodykit which shows some of the options including an LR upgraded grille along with a body colour skirt which goes around the vehicle

The sales man at the Dealership I purchased the LR2 made sure I got a copy of the Accessory Brochure before I lefted the Showroom. The two items I really want is not in the Brochure, which is the "Wing" and the "Grill".

The Items/Accessories offered here in the US can be found on this Web-Site...
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?category=104

Please, if anyone comes across a Website where I can find the "Wing & Grill", let me/us know.

Thanks,
Mac

Post #2569 21st Apr 2007 1:22 pm
raven

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi, Another new owner here .. picked up mine in grey with all options last week .. pretty impressed with the ride and features .. already put in 500+ miles already within' a week Very Happy .. plan to do some mild offroading in the sierras this weekend ..
-R

Post #3343 24th May 2007 12:13 am
jmccaff

Canada 

Welcome Raven!

Post #3344 24th May 2007 1:16 am
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Daytime Running Lights

Hi All,

i have been driving my LR2 for a little over a month now and i just discovered something that appears wrong with the wiring. The daytime running lights (which I think is only a requirement in Canada; they do not have them in the UK or the US) seem to operate incorrectly no matter what the switch position. the main zenon lights are always on regardless of the switch position. When the vehicle senses a reduction in ambient light it turns on the auxiliary front lights. This is actually the reverse of how it should work and they must be wired up backwards or somehting. has anyone else in Canada seen this?

thanks!

k

Post #3362 24th May 2007 5:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1