« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My FL2 enjoying Scotland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
EdSnow

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
My FL2 enjoying Scotland

The views are just fantastic up in Scotland, but they somehow seemed even better when visited in the FL2

Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #33405 21st Dec 2008 1:48 am
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Really wonderful view Freel2 have up there in Scotland.

(Q8!, I prefer Statoil Laughing ) LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #33411 21st Dec 2008 4:44 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Where about in Scotland ? ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #33414 21st Dec 2008 10:14 am
EdSnow

bjartin - It is 08 not Q8 - it is the UK registration plate system which indicates that my FL2 was registered in early 2008.

Dave - It is part of the Ben Nevis Range. Just ventured slightly off the single track road which goes from Fort William and ends up as a dead end at a carpark. Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #33455 21st Dec 2008 11:53 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

EdSnow wrote:
bjartin - It is 08 not Q8 - it is the UK registration plate system which indicates that my FL2 was registered in early 2008.

Dave - It is part of the Ben Nevis Range. Just ventured slightly off the single track road which goes from Fort William and ends up as a dead end at a carpark.

Ahhhh, the Ben Nevis range. We were there in September on our west coast tour (Oban, Fort William and Isle of Skye) just stuningly beautiful scenery and even travelled the same road as you. Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #33462 22nd Dec 2008 9:35 am
aussieauction

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

Hell,and you mean to tell me that even after old Campbell clocked in at Fort William after climbing those hills, and in the snow, behind your FL2 and was sent back to Glencoe, "they" still knocked them off! Sad

No wonder we have so many of Scots heritage (writer included) in Australia! Tony Fountain
Managing Director
Ray White Bowral/Ray White Rural Southern Highlands
PO Box 897 Bowral NSw 2576 Australia

Post #34095 6th Jan 2009 6:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Looks lovely - the car and the scenery...taken my one to Mull in April.

How was the long drive up? Everywhere is a long way from Norfolk it seems!

Post #34967 18th Jan 2009 1:28 pm
EdSnow

I took a ca Censored an so stopped at Shap in the Lakes on the way up and on the way back, but she drove like a dream both ways. Im probably heading up at for a week again at the end of this month, this time without taking the house so should be even better. Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #34986 18th Jan 2009 9:38 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

EdSnow wrote:
I took a ca Censored an so stopped at Shap in the Lakes on the way up and on the way back, but she drove like a dream both ways. Im probably heading up at for a week again at the end of this month, this time without taking the house so should be even better.

I'm stopping near Scotch corner on the way up and down - can't wait to do it in the FL2 rather than the FL1

It appears I have a towbar in case I want to bring a house with me..I don't

Post #34989 18th Jan 2009 10:06 pm
Carnoch

The unclassified road you went up was from the Fort William roundabout, where the Woolon Mill is, up the Glen Nevis road, past the caravan site, past where they filmed Brave Heart, past the slab waterfall, to the dead end car park below Five Finger Gully and to the footpath to the Iron Bridge.

I lived in the place for a couple of years. Fort William is a bit of a hole, built on a hillside. Also lived at Strontian, Acharacle, across the Corran Ferry. A lot nicer. I know the area very well and can tell you where to go for views, to see Red Deer, Sea Otters etc that even some locals that have lived there all their days don't know.

Post #37283 17th Feb 2009 8:58 pm
Carnoch

Locally, the top car park is known as Steall Gorge Car Park.

Interestingly, I know of an inaccessable place called Valley of the Roaring, well the Gaelic equivilant. It's by the side of Loch Sheil and requires a three hour hike in. Once there, there is an isolated semi circular amphitheatre, with 100ft sheer cliffs. Up the top, in the rutting season, you can look over the edge and see up to 500 Red Deer grazing. The Stags are all 'roaring' and the sound is amplified by the cliffs. Really quite good.

Post #37285 17th Feb 2009 9:21 pm
EdSnow

Carnoch wrote:
The unclassified road you went up was from the Fort William roundabout, where the Woolon Mill is, up the Glen Nevis road, past the caravan site, past where they filmed Brave Heart, past the slab waterfall, to the dead end car park below Five Finger Gully and to the footpath to the Iron Bridge.

I lived in the place for a couple of years. Fort William is a bit of a hole, built on a hillside. Also lived at Strontian, Acharacle, across the Corran Ferry. A lot nicer. I know the area very well and can tell you where to go for views, to see Red Deer, Sea Otters etc that even some locals that have lived there all their days don't know.

That is exactly right, that road precisely! Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #37299 18th Feb 2009 1:21 am
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Hi Carnoch,

Sounds like your the man for me! The wife and I are touring the west coast in Apri, through Glen Coe, Fort William, taking the ferry at Malaig across to Skye.

We were up there last year and loved it to bits.

We're really not 6 hour walking types although I'm good for a couple of miles. Would love to see some of the wildlife, seals is top of my list, otters and deer would be really cool too. Where would you recommend? 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #37307 18th Feb 2009 9:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

What i found great when i was up in the Killin area the other year was the amount of eagles flying around, and some great over the mountain drives on single track roads. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37310 18th Feb 2009 10:45 am
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Me too, I'm highly interested in this thread as probably I'll go to Scotland end of April as well. (hoping to be ahead of the midges... )

Post #37312 18th Feb 2009 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>