Site Admin & Owner
Member Since: 18 Feb 2006
Location: Hook Norton
|Rules concerning commercial posts on Freel2.com
NOTE: Companies who currently sponsor Freel2.com by way of banner advertising or commercial posting licences are exempt from these rules (except rule c, which applies to companies even if they sponsor the site. Sponsoring the site allows companies to freely post commercial messages (except if they would break rule c) to promote new or existing products and/or services.
For details on becoming a Freel2.com sponsor, please click here
- Commercial signatures, including those with links to company websites, are not allowed. Links to company websites in profile information are also forbidden. Companies are paying to advertise on Freel2.com, they help keep Freel2.com running and support the Freelander 2 and LR2 community.
- Commercial posts (including Private Messages) promoting your products/services (or those of companies you have any type of formal relationship with) and/or services are not allowed on Freel2.com, unless your post falls within the following specific guidelines/exceptions:
- Your post is not commercial. We have members from companies who join in the social and discussion side of Freel2.com and feel no need to promote their products and services, they're here as Freelander 2 and LR2 owners and enthusiasts, which (of course) is welcomed!
- The following exception does not apply to representatives of chip tuning/plug-in box/remapping companies/traders - you cannot supply any information in response to questions on the site.
Your post is an entirely informational reply to a request or question posted by a site member who is not associated with your company.
For example, if you sell tyres and someone on Freel2.com asks for some technical information, you are free to reply with that information, but you must not make any reference to the fact that you may sell products related to the question. Please make a full and open reply on the forums, you must not ask for members to contact you personally for details, or send private messages to them. It's more helpful to them, and also to others who use the forums, if you share your knowledge openly. Remember: there must also be no commercial content to your post whatsoever.
- Sponsoring companies cannot comment on products or services from competing companies whatsoever, nor can they compare their offerings to those from other sponsors, either publicly or via private messages. It is up to potential customers to compare offerings from sponsors.
- Posts which contravene these rules and take advantage of the open nature of Freel2.com will be removed without notice.
18th Feb 2006 9:06 pm