Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Guess where I've been.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Vesko

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Guess where I've been.

Click image to enlarge

The story will follow soon Smile 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE

Post #327126 15th Jul 2017 8:28 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That's disgusting now go get it washed you naughty Aussie Laughing

Post #327128 15th Jul 2017 9:40 am
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

He can't afford to drink enough beer to wash it ....!!!! Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #327155 15th Jul 2017 4:56 pm
taztastic

England 

OTT .. that must have been a stunning trip, waiting for the story Thumbs Up

Post #327156 15th Jul 2017 5:01 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

The first thing I do is dust off the back of the car before opening.

Click image to enlarge

First thing in the morning I squeegee the windscreen & headlights because all the bugs are soft from the condensation. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #327172 15th Jul 2017 9:46 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

Did you change your mind? I don't know how you could have done the Old Tele Track from Sydney in 2 weeks. You must be knackered beyond belief... Shocked

Post #327312 18th Jul 2017 1:19 pm
Vesko

mikehzz wrote:
Did you change your mind? I don't know how you could have done the Old Tele Track from Sydney in 2 weeks. You must be knackered beyond belief... Shocked

I was pretty good at the end of it, refreshed actually Smile

At Gunshot Creek on the OTT Very Happy https://vimeo.com/226290012 The guy came out of the nose dive using his own power. 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE

Post #327411 20th Jul 2017 12:15 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

What, you didn't go over the drop? Very Happy What's the bypass track like?

Post #327413 20th Jul 2017 12:54 pm
Vesko

The beginning of my Trip to the Tip:

https://rumenmarinov.com/trip-to-the-tip/ 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE

Post #327879 27th Jul 2017 1:28 pm
Lightwater

I have only got as far north as the circuit around Cairns, Malanda, Port Doulas etc. Getting anywhere in Australia is vey long kilometres! I would not want to do your trip in 10 days, I must be getting old!

The sign at Laura, Coen & Weipa intersection, is that an electronic road open/closed sign?

Are the termite mounds alined north south? Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #327939 28th Jul 2017 9:14 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Are personal number plates easy to choose in Aus . Or did you change your name to match the given plate? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #327956 28th Jul 2017 11:17 am
Lightwater

You can have pretty much what you want as long as it is not rude & it's available, or if someone is selling it privately. The shorter it is the more you pay each year for a non standard format.

The valuable number plates are the low digit numbers. A decade or so ago there was NSW registration number 3 parked in our street, on a tired old Toyota from memory. Numbers this low have a value of a row of houses including more garages than you can poke a stick at for the Toyota!

People make up names, funny or otherwise, using numbers & letters in the standard plate configuration. Or try to get their initials with their birth year. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #327960 28th Jul 2017 11:54 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

In UK we buy the plate either from traders or vehicle licensing office, then free to use forever, but £80 to transfer it to a different vehicle.
Same as Aus the short plates can trade for crazy money. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #327976 28th Jul 2017 4:38 pm
taztastic

England 

A family member in Tas has just bought a Merc SL 55 in Melbourne with BNZ55 on the plate, however, I believe you can't transfer plates from state to state? Is that still the case?

Post #327984 28th Jul 2017 6:14 pm
Lightwater

You cannot transfer plates from state to state. One tiny country & more bureaucracy that one can find sticks to poke at. As my accountant said to my one year, so much legislation has been added this year it will take my a decade to read it all!

Our neighbours have managed to get & have had their initials for years for his Mercedes 4WD & her Evoque which she recently up graded from a sports Mercedes.

My sister-in-law in Germany has managed to get a good arrangement with her birth date & initials.

I can't remember my number plate! But can still remember the first one I had, & I have only had 4 of my own cars!

NSW has a yellow background number plate, but most people go for white background & pay another $100. A white number plate on a white car does look a bit better. White being the most common car in Australia. The NSW government knows how to subtly bleed money out of it's residents for white number plates! Probably about $30 million a year for white & doing nothing!

When I bought my car new it had a horror of an annual registration date for travelling to Europe, as it had actually being registered. Only the dealer can do this on new cars. I bought the car a few months ahead of when I wanted a more friendly registration date as this was one of the last white petrol Freelanders I could find & I was not interested in waiting for a DS. The car sat in storage for a few months till the date I wanted.

Because I intend to keep the car until it dies like previous cars, waiting a few months to shift the car's registration date is worthwhile. For Australians in NSW get your dealer to fill in a blue slip if you need to shift the date on a pre registered new car, but it will have to go into storage!

To date, I have had a few issues with the car but no different to previous cars, it is a car & sh_t happens. The longer I have the car the more I enjoy it. Still glad I bought the Freelander instead of the DS. Too many Audis, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche & other rubbish around here! Other half wanted a Defender, D4 or RR but the height & width of our garage ruled out these options. My sister has an Evoque due to garage length. Street parking around my area is not worth the hassle. Our fairly short street is about 80 car spaces too few for the residents & locals have parking permits. In summer parking is a disaster. Only the other day a car was parked across my garage & I could not get out, & I bought this Unit simply to get hold of a garage!

Sorry for the long post & off original topic! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #327988 28th Jul 2017 7:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>